Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-30-2014, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This is one of our current projects: approximately 30 acres alongside RT 6 on the Cape.

Here are some pictures mowing along the road:
Name:  IMG_1003.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  78.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1004.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  84.9 KB

Here are some photos working in the woods next to the highway cutting some access roads in. Hard to tell by the pics, but it got little steep in a few places- like 30-35 degree steep. Keeps me sharp from always working off of the asphalt these days ;-)
Name:  IMG_1020.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  148.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1021.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  123.0 KB

Another access road pic:
Name:  IMG_1031.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  134.1 KB

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-30-2014, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats on the attachments, look sweet

How big is that kage?

Any specs on the equip trailer? Looks like a great size for a skid and an attachment or two. They usually jump to a deckover at that length and i dont like how high they are
Old 01-30-2014, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice pics, Love the KW.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys- we're fortunate to be able to have the right tools for the jobs we do these days.

The Kage is the 12' model.

The small equipment trailer is a Towmaster T-18D with a 20' deck. We have some custom mods on there like the spare tire holder, D-rings welded to the deck every 1.5', pallet fork holders, stake pockets and a rubrail, and removable fenders.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-31-2014, 04:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Love that KW!!! Nice attachments, have you tried the shear yet? Looks like you are staying busy, thats awesome!!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Let me know when your looking to hire someone Andrew!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dynmax makes some heavy duty attachment for sure.I have a 14" shear for my skid that i 'm thinking about converting it over to fit my 160.The only thing is that when they say 16" that will be it because of the large plating around the top of the cutting edges.As you can see on yours it makes a enclosed circle around the tree trunk.Those keeping you from cutting anything bigger then the circle will let you.

Unlike the open edge shears where you can take bites out of the trunk of the tree completely around the whole tree and being able to eventually falling the the tree.Over time that shear will get sprung and will be junk.So the big tress over your 16" size will have to be cut.You will see what i have said when you get to using yours.There are limit to every machine and attachments.

My shear also has the spray tanks to spray stump when you are done shearing the tree off.Mine doesn't have the grabber at the top.Nice equipment ,but tree work is a tuff busniess on equipment.Hydraulic pumps working at max all time .Nice to see your moving forward all the time .Good luck
Old 01-31-2014, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys. I tried the shear on a tiny 4" tree just for kicks at the dealership and it worked fine. I'm expecting to put it to extensive use coming up in March when our chipper comes in.

I understand what you are saying about the Dymax Construct'o. I looked at several shears and the Dymax appeared to be extremely well built. The 16" capacity does not bother me that much as most of the trees I'm dealing with on a day to day basis are 12" diameter or less. Having to cut something bigger than that does not concern me too much as it will only be occasional. Once we have the need to cut trees bigger than what this shear can handle on a regular basis, we will be getting a tracked feller buncher with a hotsaw head.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Old 01-31-2014, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Member

That kenworth sure is pretty! Every update it gets even more impressive how far you've come. I curious what has been some of your biggest hurdles in business? It seems like mine is finding good employees. Keep up the good work and updates.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-31-2014, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I just wish I could find study work here like this. I can't find any gov contracts at all lol
Posted via Mobile Device