Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2009, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I been trying to figure this out, but if I am not mistaken didnt you have a CAT rented or bought, or something of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Thanks all for the comments all!

Bobcat Ron: Ya, the machine is going to have a nice long warranty just for the SJC and the drive motors. The other T320 on site has had computer, SJC, drive motor, and fan issues. Granted I don't know how they run the machine, but it looked a little rough. Hopefully my machine won't have those issues.

Bombi: Thanks for the update on your machine! Nice to hear that you still like it and haven't experienced any major problems. The terrain you are working on sounds very much like the terrain I'm on (pics are coming!). And yes, after starting out on an 863 Bobcat with the rowing paddles and foot pedals, I will never use anything other than joysticks again. Alot more precise and less subject to hitting a pedal accidently in rough terrain.

Bobcatuser: It's funny that you mention ride control. I just saw that it was an option in the manual the other day. If I do end of keeping the machine, I will have the dealer install the option. As it was now, they turned the machine around in 3 days last week so that I could start today. There wasn't too much time to install anything other than the radio and forestry package. I'm not traveling that fast as it is, but going down the access roads I can definitely see why ride control is a nice option. Good idea on the attachments going on the trailer- depending on how things fit on there I will keep your suggestion in mind.

Junior: Thanks for the compliments! When the other attachments come in I will give your idea a try. I've done a similar thing in the past with a industrial grapple and bucket and it worked pretty well.

You may want to talk with Yellow Dog. It sounded like that Bobcat RC was not all that great. I love it, I have had it on every machine I get since 1999. It is a huge time saver. I can haul ass across most jobs sites with a full bucket without losing material or killing the operator.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

KSSS- Thanks, I will. The ride is a little rough but isn't unbearable. Just hurts goin over the huge, frozen, wheel ruts made by the skidders. It's all in how you drive the machine just like everything else.

To all the other Bobcat track loader users out there- does anyone have ride control? How do you like it?

Junior: No, I think you might have me confused with someone else. I was seriously considering a Cat trackloader but I never rented nor owned one.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
KSSS- Thanks, I will. The ride is a little rough but isn't unbearable. Just hurts goin over the huge, frozen, wheel ruts made by the skidders. It's all in how you drive the machine just like everything else.

To all the other Bobcat track loader users out there- does anyone have ride control? How do you like it?

Junior: No, I think you might have me confused with someone else. I was seriously considering a Cat trackloader but I never rented nor owned one.
Hmm, I swore it was you, cause the avatar was a pick up just like yours with a CAT on a between the axle towmaster tag? Dang, I wonder who I am thinking of..

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:

I have a 2008 t190 how do you know if you have ride control????
Old 02-16-2009, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsops View Post
I have a 2008 t190 how do you know if you have ride control????
Hmm, did you order it or was it on the spec sheet when you picked it up? Genius..

Quote:

Old 02-16-2009, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
Hmm, did you order it or was it on the spec sheet when you picked it up? Genius..
O its an option I didn't even no I guess I don't have it then
Old 02-16-2009, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsops View Post
O its an option I didn't even no I guess I don't have it then
Freakin Genius..

I think you've spent a little to much time around CAT equipment, please return to the white side..

Quote:

Last edited by Junior M; 02-16-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
Freakin Genius..

I think you've spent a little to much time around CAT equipment, please return to the dark side..
Take it easyyyyyy lil man, and you mean the white side
Old 02-16-2009, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Let's call this the "Wilderness Tour- Part I"

Well before I collapse in bed for the evening, I thought some of you might enjoy some photos from the day today. Nothing spectacular but at least you can get an idea of what the terrain is like. On this job I am responsible for raking and stacking brush and debris on the side of the ROW after it is cut down. Overall, I probably cleared over a mile of tree line today and am about an hour behind being caught up to the work that has taken 2 tree crews and a mulching crew 4 days to accomplish. Not the most glamorous of work, but it sure is a nice change of pace for a month and a half. Interesting terrain to operate on...

Note: For a frame of reference for distance I cleared today, the hill in the distance in the first picture is about a quarter mile away from where my machine is pictured. I cleared up to and beyond that hill on both sides of the ROW for another quarter mile. (It's a long walk if I throw a track...)

Enjoy!
Attached Images