Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-28-2009, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
OK- well I get back first couple weeks of Nov (if my truck doesn't break down on me again ). I'll shoot you a message in a bit.

Anyone else?
The truck broke down? What happened this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bad injector on cylinder #1. Also the front wheel bearings are making a horrible sound. Gotta love it- only 63,000 miles on the truck!

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 09-28-2009, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Bad injector on cylinder #1. Also the front wheel bearings are making a horrible sound. Gotta love it- only 63,000 miles on the truck!
Shoula bought a Chevy..

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 09-28-2009, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
Shoula bought a Chevy..
Or a Dodge (like us!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Foot View Post
Buy what makes you happy. You're the one thats gonna make the payments .....
Old 09-28-2009, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieWonka1850 View Post
Or a Dodge (like us!)
I wasnt going down that road.. Dont get bitc#ed at as much if you mention Chevy..

Quote:

Old 09-28-2009, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if Chevy/GMC still made a 4500/5500 size they might have had a sale. I have a 2000 Ford Explorer (my first car) that has 110,000 mi on it and I haven't done a thing to it other than ball joints and regular service. I'm hoping I just got a lemon with the truck.

With that said, I have to give Ford credit. My dealer, Metro Ford, has been awesome to work with. The service guys treat my truck like it is their own. Also, Ford corporate is starting to help out. They have helped cover 2 tow bills and I got them to put a 200K mi extended warranty on the engine (I currently have a 100K complete coverage warranty.) I like my Ford vehicles and I'm glad things are starting to come together. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 09-28-2009, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Now that you got the John Deere I would be getting rid of the F-450 and buying a truck you could carry the Deere on the back and have a trailer to pull the Bobcat on. The truck should also carry the spare parts etc and general tools maybe a set of cutting torches. Start getting into these farther from home places its nice to beable to fix things and you have everything on one truck.

A rolloff truck is actually the nicest thing to carry a 10,000-11,000lb machine on dump the box load it in strap it down pull the box on. You will end up getting into the excavating business anyhow.

Oh ya you don't want a Dodge especially when you break down and they say sorry we don't work on 1 ton or diesel trucks.

With todays trucks it isn't worth buying a light duty truck for the same price you can buy a medium duty with a engine that doesn't have all that emmission crap on it. The truck is easier to work on too.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
Now that you got the John Deere I would be getting rid of the F-450 and buying a truck you could carry the Deere on the back and have a trailer to pull the Bobcat on. The truck should also carry the spare parts etc and general tools maybe a set of cutting torches. Start getting into these farther from home places its nice to beable to fix things and you have everything on one truck.

A rolloff truck is actually the nicest thing to carry a 10,000-11,000lb machine on dump the box load it in strap it down pull the box on. You will end up getting into the excavating business anyhow.

Oh ya you don't want a Dodge especially when you break down and they say sorry we don't work on 1 ton or diesel trucks.

With todays trucks it isn't worth buying a light duty truck for the same price you can buy a medium duty with a engine that doesn't have all that emmission crap on it. The truck is easier to work on too.
I dont know what kind of Dodge dealer you got, but the local dodge dealer here will and my great cousin in WV is more than happy, considering over 40% of his sales are diesel pick ups, most of that 40% being 1tons..

I believe I told you this before, but just cause its like that in your area doesnt mean its that way everywhere else..

Quote:

Old 09-28-2009, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Well if Chevy/GMC still made a 4500/5500 size they might have had a sale. I have a 2000 Ford Explorer (my first car) that has 110,000 mi on it and I haven't done a thing to it other than ball joints and regular service. I'm hoping I just got a lemon with the truck.

With that said, I have to give Ford credit. My dealer, Metro Ford, has been awesome to work with. The service guys treat my truck like it is their own. Also, Ford corporate is starting to help out. They have helped cover 2 tow bills and I got them to put a 200K mi extended warranty on the engine (I currently have a 100K complete coverage warranty.) I like my Ford vehicles and I'm glad things are starting to come together. I'll let everyone know how it works out.
having an awesome dealer can really make up for having issues with a truck..

You never did say, when will you be getting the 40in mower for the JD?

Quote:

Old 09-28-2009, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
I dont know what kind of Dodge dealer you got, but the local dodge dealer here will and my great cousin in WV is more than happy, considering over 40% of his sales are diesel pick ups, most of that 40% being 1tons..

I believe I told you this before, but just cause its like that in your area doesnt mean its that way everywhere else..
Every dealer except for one in the Province of B.C. can't work on Dodge diesels they will sell them but usually won't work on them. Besides Ford and Chevy hold the truck market in this province Dodge is so far behind they sell less than the import brands.