Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2009, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well let me know when the race is on and I'll be there. 10-15 years maybe? I'll let you two have the beers, I'm a Mike's Hard Lemonade (cranberry) kinda guy myself- got a serious sweet tooth.

I still laugh when I hear about how the oil tycoon Roman Ambrovich brought his three, 200'+ yachts to a south american harbor and had breakfast, lunch, and dinner on a different yacht. Let's just say I get my inspiration from some crazy stories.

And yes, as I was bumpin around the ROW way today stacking brush, there were definitely a few moments where I knew I would not want to have to be doing that everyday in 10-20 years. Don't get me wrong, I love equipment, but man, stacking brush sure can get boring and some of the bumps were pretty knarly!

Dirtdigger- good luck with the engineering training. After having several friends go through what you are going through, I can certainly appreciate the challenge you are facing. It will definitely serve you well in the end though.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
To all the other Bobcat track loader users out there- does anyone have ride control? How do you like it?
I had it on my Case 450CT and it worked like a champ. If you are going to be shuttling dirt from one area to another or carying a load with forks then you will definitely want it. The RC doesn't work with an unloaded bucket though so if you are going over rough terrain without a load then it will still be a rough ride.

I wouldn't buy a CTL or a skid without it.

2013 Cat 299D XHP

Bobcat Flail Cutter
84" Custom Built Scarifier
84" Custom Built Mini Dozer Blade/Grapple Bucket
84" Custom Built Ripper/Ring Roller
84" Level Best Dual Slope Box Grader with Power Masts

http://happytrack.com/html/track_0.html
Old 02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Digger2 View Post
let me get in on this sandy beach watching the young gun play with his tonka toy...but as for me my business needs to wait until i get my PE...to do that I have to work under one for 4 years and then take a test...after i pass the test and start my company we can race our yachts HAHA
Game on buddy, Until then this is my yacht and this is how I power it

http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...or-329444.html

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 02-16-2009, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Chris- i think i've seen that video before too. I think you actually posted it That will be my dinghy to get out to my boat.

ccstrebe- Thanks for the advice. I never really knew how it worked before other than it was a hyrdaulic accumulator. I will assume that the RC function differently on different brands, but did you have to press a swith to activate the RC or did it work automatically?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
ccstrebe- Thanks for the advice. I never really knew how it worked before other than it was a hyrdaulic accumulator. I will assume that the RC function differently on different brands, but did you have to press a swith to activate the RC or did it work automatically?
Ride control is does it's own thing if it's turned on. Now, I don't know about Bobcat, but some ride control setups have 3 modes; on, off, and automatic. As you can guess, on means it's on all the time, automatic will kick in when necessary and lockout when not necessary, and off locks it out entirely for running attachments on the ground.

Best of luck in your endeavour and good on ya for getting your degree. I just couldn't do 4 years in school, I'll finish my AA but that's as far as I'm going to go. College just isn't my deal but I'll never bash someone who spent the time to go.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 02-16-2009, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
On the Case, it was a button on the joystick. If the button was pushed and held it worked, when the button was released it didn't work. Also, the boom needs to be up off the stops a few inches to allow the boom to float.

2013 Cat 299D XHP

Bobcat Flail Cutter
84" Custom Built Scarifier
84" Custom Built Mini Dozer Blade/Grapple Bucket
84" Custom Built Ripper/Ring Roller
84" Level Best Dual Slope Box Grader with Power Masts

http://happytrack.com/html/track_0.html
Old 02-16-2009, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That makes sense. Thanks ccstrebe. Is the Cat still treatin ya well?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccstrebe View Post
On the Case, it was a button on the joystick. If the button was pushed and held it worked, when the button was released it didn't work. Also, the boom needs to be up off the stops a few inches to allow the boom to float.
Why would you have to hold the button for ride control? I have never had a reason to turn it off on my machine.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcatuser View Post
Why would you have to hold the button for ride control? I have never had a reason to turn it off on my machine.

I like having it on and off. Sometimes I don't want it on. Using the hammer, and some other attachments. The CAT machines it is turned on and off related to the speed of the machine. I like having total control of it. The CASE machine has it on a trigger on one of the controls. Easy to hold when you want it. The newer CASE machines has a switch on and off. I would rather not have it like that. I like the trigger control.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Member

ccstrebe- Thanks for the advice. I never really knew how it worked before other than it was a hyrdaulic accumulator. I will assume that the RC function differently on different brands, but did you have to press a swith to activate the RC or did it work automatically?[/QUOTE]

On my old 864 you turned it on or off with the left switch on the left control stick. It really worked well with a full bucket of dirt or carrying 20' logs out of the woods. On mine you would turn it off to dig or grade because it felt real spongy. I don't have it on my T320, but have noticed the machine to be smoother with the addition of the fifth roller, although the ride control was nice, I haven't missed it yet.

I have a 20+5 Big Tex and load my grapples and bucket or brushcat on the front also so I can get them without having to drive on and off of the trailer every time. I drive on and off of the trailer without an attachment a lot of times also, these machines are very stable and can be driven up the ramps empty. I would rather do this than spin on the deck 'cause with my luck, I would probably fall off.