Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-03-2009, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post

Ron- I like that idea I was also thinking about going to pull a "Bob" and go buy one of those tanks that has a bridge on top of it that folds down to go over rivers and what not. Might have to get a bigger truck if I went that route...
Nawwww, any F Series is tough enough to pull a bridge laying tank.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 12-03-2009, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Junior- Depending on my mood, I will either run for really long stretches (quarter mile +), or break it up into the blocks that I mentioned before. You're right, you get to a point and cross over. I usually do that on the first 2 passes to "trace" out the sides of the ROW like you do on a lawn, and then after that I just do straight lines where I reverse directions each time. This lets me get anything that may have been matted down the first pass.

On shorter, more difficult terrain with more growth, I will usually shorten up the "blocks" that I mow to make sure that I get everything.

Ron- True, this new F450 tows very nicely. Anyone have a spare 55ton lowboy that I could hook up to my rig?

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 12-03-2009, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Junior- Depending on my mood, I will either run for really long stretches (quarter mile +), or break it up into the blocks that I mentioned before. You're right, you get to a point and cross over. I usually do that on the first 2 passes to "trace" out the sides of the ROW like you do on a lawn, and then after that I just do straight lines where I reverse directions each time. This lets me get anything that may have been matted down the first pass.

On shorter, more difficult terrain with more growth, I will usually shorten up the "blocks" that I mow to make sure that I get everything.

Ron- True, this new F450 tows very nicely. Anyone have a spare 55ton lowboy that I could hook up to my rig?
thats what I thought. I was just curious if you had a special trick that was more effiecent..

Btw, check with your Deere dealership, they do considering they moved a 50d with a lowboy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Junior- I do have some tricks for more difficult sections, but if I shared them on here, they wouldn't be tricks then, would they? The work isn't too hard, but there are tricks to using the machine that are learned only by running one. Come on up here and you can mow to your heart's content!

For the section I showed, since it was mainly grass it was very easy mowing. The only thing that made that section challenging was how wet everything was. I couldn't travel at top speed due to that, which made that section take longer than it should have.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 12-04-2009, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers dirt View Post
awj services thanks yeah jackson is a little close to home.
What type of equipment do you have and what types of work you do.

I actually live by Dukes store so I am only a mile oe so from Newton county Line.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Andrew, I've just been poking through your thread, very impressive, you should be proud! Have you run the 50D with the mower in the field yet? I was thinking a kubota 161 with a mower would be a nice machine, so any real world experience with a similar set up would be appreciated!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Member

awj services equipment i have well cat 953 bobcat t200 with lots of attachments bobcat 331ex . the work i do grading, lot clearing, landscaping, sewers, excavating hell whatever makes me money.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers dirt View Post
awj services equipment i have well cat 953 bobcat t200 with lots of attachments bobcat 331ex . the work i do grading, lot clearing, landscaping, sewers, excavating hell whatever makes me money.
I mostly work in Fayette, Coweta and Clayton county.

I guess you made it through the new construction collapse?
You know Chris Malcom?
Old 12-05-2009, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

nedly- Thanks! Glad to see you over here as well. I've enjoyed following your adventures on the other site.

In terms of the 50D, I just picked it up from the dealer tonight and dropped it off on a jobsite. I'm going to be running it all day tomorrow and I will give everyone a report then. Just running it briefly tonight, I saw enough to be really excited to run it tomorrow

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Old 12-05-2009, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ARP, I went through the whole thread, and I must say I am very impressed. It really makes me want to expand more into this area of the business. Of course, I really like playing with the equipment Best of luck to you this upcoming year.