Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2009, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good andrew. Do you feel production wise in 4" material it is quicker then the t320?

A.E.L

Excavating, Grading, Demolition, Land Clearing, Custom Grinding Services, Storm water management, Erosion Control.

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 12-06-2009, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
i have a 100 and a grapple...the grapple weighs 1100lbs by itself!!!!!
do you have the bucket style grapple or rake style? ive been debating between the two, and if i want independent grapples or one piece.

the roc of a 100 is what, 3800lbs?, so with an 1100lb attachment your down to 2700lbs, and with a stump thats approx 2000lbs that far out in front of the machine and out of the grapple, id say that the sr80 pictured there is doing really well actually.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have the rake style grapple (AnBo) and its great for raking, brush, logs etc. I would think the bucket style might work better for stumps because you can get under it. I'm really happy with my grapple it always does what I want.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Heres my grapple, its on my Kioti DK55. I had it on my 317 JD skid steer too, but I sold that and bought the kioti, very glad I did.

On edit: Sorry Andrew, I forgot I was in your pic thread when I posted these, I'm not trying to hijack on ya just show some grapple pics!
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2009, 06:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Stuve- I like that pic as well. I'll try to get some more shots like that in the future.

Coopers- I have a L-shaped 100 gallon transfer tank in the truck- wouldn't be without it.

Nedly- No worries on the pics of the tractor. I like em! I have to get some more seat time in the machine to get you some more accurate production numbers. I went into it knowing that an mini-ex will be slower than a track loader on mulching projects where both can be used. However, I bought the ex for terrain that a track loader won't be productive on- ie rocky, stumpy, really hillly, or a combination of all the above. So in those conditions, I would be happy to see production of 1 acre per day in really bad terrain with really dense brush. If I can get more production than that, I'll be even happier, but I won't know until I get some more time on the machine.

Matt- Thanks! Talus does have a nice place to "test" things out. It's like a big sandbox over there!

Bigben- Check you PMs.

Minimax- Thanks again for your help on the hydraulics. Everything worked out great!

Protouch- Thanks! Bring those ASVs over and we can all have a "weight lifting session."

Sean- Thanks! If the 4" material is on bad terrain, then yes, it will be faster than the track loader. Other than that, the track loader will be faster to use. The excavator was not meant to replace the track loader, only supplement its use in certain terrain and certain types of projects. A 160 size excavator with a fixed tooth mulcher would be a better comparison to production from the track loader in 4" material in regular terrain. A flail just can't beat the destructive power from a fixed tooth mulcher in material 4" and up.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 12-07-2009, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Andrew the 50D looks good I am looking to get mine in March just still trying to see if I can pump up the gpm on my machine if not Ill go with the 30 it will be a good starting point and get the word out.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Nedly- No worries on the pics of the tractor. I like em! I have to get some more seat time in the machine to get you some more accurate production numbers. I went into it knowing that an mini-ex will be slower than a track loader on mulching projects where both can be used. However, I bought the ex for terrain that a track loader won't be productive on- ie rocky, stumpy, really hillly, or a combination of all the above. So in those conditions, I would be happy to see production of 1 acre per day in really bad terrain with really dense brush. If I can get more production than that, I'll be even happier, but I won't know until I get some more time on the machine.

Thanks, the ex is a solid investment even without the cutter! An acre a day would be great I think.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUSWEDE View Post
Andrew the 50D looks good I am looking to get mine in March just still trying to see if I can pump up the gpm on my machine if not Ill go with the 30 it will be a good starting point and get the word out.
Are you getting a new machine, or are you referring to the U-35?
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown
Old 12-07-2009, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioilyouin View Post
Are you getting a new machine, or are you referring to the U-35?
The U-35 I should had bought the 121 in the first place but didn't expect to ever get into running a mower. The u-35 is great but the gpm sucks, it is very weird that the u45 and the smaller u25 both have higher gpm.

why wanna buy my u35 haha
Old 12-07-2009, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A couple pics from today. Working on mowing about 64 acres of really bad ROW. Even got to use the excavator sooner than I expected!

In the morning:
Name:  IMG_0767.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  89.5 KB
Before:
Name:  IMG_0768.jpg
Size:  120.8 KB
During:
Name:  IMG_0772.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  124.7 KB
After:
Name:  IMG_0778.jpg
Size:  111.8 KB
Lined up for fuel:
Name:  IMG_0779.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  106.2 KB

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee