Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2009, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Member

new infield wet.........

here are the facts..bad drainage to start and they[we] knew it....dug out 2 feet to sand loamy stuff added 1 or 1.5 feet of screened sand then topped off with infield mix ...the same mix used for ages...there is a little wet under foot when yuo take a shovel and stick it in and turn over a few inches or so it is good....mind you its early spring here and we had snow last week.....top drees with sand and scarify in??maybe just scarify[tines ] it in??the mix we used is a good one made local and used in many parks .do you think the surrounding water could be soaking in but it is dry[playable] when i turn it under a few inches????
Old 03-14-2009, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think I would add anything else to it until you see how it dries out once. You probably can't get out on it as is anyway. Like you said it's early yet. Sounds like this has not been used yet since it was rebuilt? As you get some rain it would be good to take a look and see if it is puddling anywhere. If you have it running off the surface reliably and are using an infield mix you already know works well there should not be any problem with it once the weather improves IMO.