Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2009, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

commercial bid any help appreciated!

I am going to place my bid on a very large well maintained factory this in a few days. putting the bid on paper wont be hard since they gave me a fill in the blank paper for the prices basically. i am just curious as to what you guys that might have a little more experience than I would do. i will have pics of the property very shortly. also the mulching section of the bid info says a MINIMUM of 70 yards will be required. also that all old mulch will need to be removed i price mulch by doubling the cost of the mulch... should i triple this plus haul away??? never really done this before. the weekly mowing includes appx 14.5 acres of mowing according to the bid info. also there is another area that is to be mowed/bush hogged 4 times a year and this area is appx 21 acres... i have no idea how to price this one! but any help would be AWESOME and more info to come along with the pics!!

New eXmark lazer Z 31/60
Honda 21" that i never ever use
Stihl trimmers, blowers, etc.
23 years old, 6 years in business
Liscenced and Insured
Old 02-23-2009, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

heres a few of the weekly mowing and one of the larger mulch/plant beds
Attached Images

New eXmark lazer Z 31/60
Liscenced and Insured
Old 02-23-2009, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The next ones with the fence is the area that needs to be mowed 4 times a year:

New eXmark lazer Z 31/60
Liscenced and Insured
Old 02-23-2009, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

alot of money
Old 02-23-2009, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

how about an aerial view? 45,000/ yr plus mulch at $85/yd taken and installed...lots of open runs here but beware the larger companies are low-balling so you may bush hogging 4 times/yr = 4,800thats 1200 per hoggin which will be a sat job ....keep in mind thats what i would do it for also offer a discount % for existing client the hoggin is already discounted.. take away if you are not responisible for the emplyee parking area and what not hope this helps and keep me posted... also if i am way off from what you were thinking let me know...
Old 02-23-2009, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elements Group View Post
how about an aerial view? 45,000/ yr plus mulch at $85/yd taken and installed...lots of open runs here but beware the larger companies are low-balling so you may bush hogging 4 times/yr = 4,800thats 1200 per hoggin which will be a sat job ....keep in mind thats what i would do it for also offer a discount % for existing client the hoggin is already discounted.. take away if you are not responisible for the emplyee parking area and what not hope this helps and keep me posted... also if i am way off from what you were thinking let me know...
they have given me a sheet that says stuff like mowing area #1 (the weekly area) per mow== _____ x 36 mows per year =______ and this is for everytinh. mulching, trimming trees, trimming shrubs and all that, spraying the lawn, seeding once a year, fert., spraying fences and ditches etc. etc. i gotta break everything down for them. im curious on the mowing part and the mulch mainly. im going to have to sub the snow part out. also each mowing includes weekly weeding of beds, removal of ALL trash from the whole premisis (parking lots, beds, and grass) the info packet says that contract is one year but extensions up to two years will be possible. another thing i found extremely odd is that they want me to list all equipment from snow removal, mowers, trimmers and all that and i know they were paying bigtime last year because the company that does it is owned by a guy i know and he has never even sat on a mower he owns... he just pays people to do it and im sure he isn't cheap

New eXmark lazer Z 31/60
Liscenced and Insured
Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck with it and make some money!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

what are you figuring for your price per acre?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

im not sure, ive never charged by the acre, just by how long i think it will take. i havent figured my price yet gotta get ahold of someone who worked for a company that mowed it to reassure how many hours... he told me before seems like 5 hours for two people to do everythinh (mowing, trimming, weeds, trash, and blowing all debris off walks) but they also probably werent as particular as i am due to the fact that they were just working for another company where the boss never even saw the place, just collected checks and payed them 8 dollars an hour

New eXmark lazer Z 31/60
Liscenced and Insured
Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One, they want to know what equipment u have to make sure you have the equipment needed for the job. One or 2 mowers won't work. They want someone with enough equipment so if a piece breaks down, you have others so you will be there on time. Mulch, sub it out to someone who can blow it. It would be way cheaper then $85 per yard. Getting rid of the old is kinda normal, I would just go on a weekend when its closed and knock it out. Price wise, just bid by how long u think it will take.