Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2009, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe74 View Post
I'd go to my dealer and ask what he would give for it as a trade. He should have books on that but 4500 is to high more like 3400.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albery's Lawn & Tractor View Post
Not a bad deal, if it was clean I'd give that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNyz View Post
Sounds a little high. 3500 would be a fair price for you.
Well, according to the consensus on here, somewhere between 3,500 and 4,500 ... however, I think the idea of checking with the dealer is very good !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 02-23-2009, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracesLandscaping View Post
one thing i do know is my dealer sold in late fall a 5 yr old exmark with 19** hours 60" 25 hp kawi i think, that looked rough as hell but had all new spindles bearings etc etc for 4850 cause he tried to get me to buy it... the exmarks are high around here thats why i thought this sounded really fair because its a very clean machine and my friend is the onlyy person to ever use it other than myself so i know its been maintained
Well it sounds like you already made up your mind. We all wish you good luck. I would never buy a Lazer with 1900 hours for 4850 but I would try to sell one for that amount. It sounds like your dealer made a few bucks on that deal. We are just giving you our opinion.

My buddy was in the car business[ford] for 20 years. I purchased a Audi for my wife a few years back and called him to see if I got a good deal. He said "do you think you got a good deal?" I said "yes." He said then "you got a good deal."
Old 02-23-2009, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
really? it costs 11,500 new btw...
You already have your mind made up. You think 4,500 is a good price and you aren't going to listen to what any one else has to say, so why are you even asking?

Think of what that machine cost 3 years ago, not right now! It was probably $8500 new 3 years ago. Exmark has jacked their prices way too high and will start to see a loss in market share, guaranteed. You just confirmed that fact by not wanting to buy one because it is $11,500, I just went elsewhere to buy a 36" mower because they wanted $5800 (before tax) firm on a 36" mower when I got a new 36" for $4100 OTD. See a difference?

If it runs good and is a good machine at 900+ hours then offer him $4,000 for it, and that's it.

3+ years going strong.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Well it sounds like you already made up your mind. We all wish you good luck. I would never buy a Lazer with 1900 hours for 4850 but I would try to sell one for that amount. It sounds like your dealer made a few bucks on that deal. We are just giving you our opinion.

My buddy was in the car business[ford] for 20 years. I purchased a Audi for my wife a few years back and called him to see if I got a good deal. He said "do you think you got a good deal?" I said "yes." He said then "you got a good deal."
I didn't even read this response yet and he came back with the same answer I did. Stop and listen if you're going to ask questions, don't just come on here asking for someone to agree with you so you can feel better about something you're going to do irregardless of what anyone else has to say.

3+ years going strong.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnsac View Post
I didn't even read this response yet and he came back with the same answer I did. Stop and listen if you're going to ask questions, don't just come on here asking for someone to agree with you so you can feel better about something you're going to do irregardless of what anyone else has to say.
Kind of funny.

J. Nyz
Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

fyi i wanted an opinion to help my decision. i havent made my mind up about anything im still considering buying a new hustler i was just curious as to what i could find another one similar to this one for. if all you are going to do is criticize then DONT REPLY because you are not helping anything at all... if my mind was made up it would already be on my trailer

New eXmark lazer Z 31/60
Honda 21" that i never ever use
Stihl trimmers, blowers, etc.
23 years old, 6 years in business
Liscenced and Insured
Old 02-23-2009, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

also JNyz i would never buy a mower period with that many hours for that amount of money.. and yea he the dealer definately made money on it... on top of that he leased it out for 125 a day when ppls mowers were in the shop

New eXmark lazer Z 31/60
Liscenced and Insured
Old 02-23-2009, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
fyi i wanted an opinion to help my decision. i havent made my mind up about anything im still considering buying a new hustler i was just curious as to what i could find another one similar to this one for. if all you are going to do is criticize then DONT REPLY because you are not helping anything at all... if my mind was made up it would already be on my trailer

Sorry if you took our opinion as a bash or criticism. Personally I just thought it was a little high. I wish you good luck and hope you net over 300k yearly the rest of your life.

Good Luck,

J. Nyz
Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This sort of adds to what I was going to say...You can't go by what people are saying here of "Go to a dealer, and see what they would give for it on a trade in."
The reason for this, is that first,..dealers will never give anything close to a value of a mower, because they are only taking it in for the benefit of selling a new mower...hence, the trade in. Second,...you can rest assured that that dealer is going to mark it up $1000 and sell it as used. Bluebooked, this mower goes for more.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Sorry if you took our opinion as a bash or criticism. Personally I just thought it was a little high. I wish you good luck and hope you net over 300k yearly the rest of your life.

Good Luck,

J. Nyz
i wasnt directing that at your reply, i replied and agreed to your comment in the following.

New eXmark lazer Z 31/60
Liscenced and Insured