Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2000, 09:22 PM
Wes Hudgel

Business Software

I am going into my second year in the business and am interested in getting some REASONABLY priced software to help me run the business. All the prices I've seen seem high. Do you have any ideas??
Old 02-26-2000, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Did you look into quickbooks pro? There are a bunch of reasonably priced small business packages to use for book keeping, etc. The expensive ones are the ones that tailor to a certain business.<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 02-26-2000, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I got some info on Clip, they are sending more info and free CD did see it would cost about $200.00 but if it saves the time they claim it would be worth it.If anyone has tried it let me know.Thanks<p>----------<br>T.J. Greenfield<br>
Old 02-27-2000, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I started this year with Lawn Monkey,very powerful program. Support is super, have talked with them several times. This is the most flexable program that I have seen. Its also the thrid one that I have purchesed in eight years.
Old 02-28-2000, 02:27 PM
Wes Hudgel

Thanks for your advise. I think I'll get some demo software and give 'em a try.
Old 02-28-2000, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Member

i was just wondering if lawn monkey is so great why you would have to buy it three times in 8 years,quickbooks will just upgrade for free,
Old 02-28-2000, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you plan on having an accountant help you with your tax returns?? If so ask the accountant what program they use. Mine uses Quickbooks so she can go back through and correct any mistakes and since she is already familiar with quickbooks she can give me helpful tips. MY TAXES ARE DONE!!! YEE HAW!!!
Old 02-28-2000, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I tried the lawn monkey trial software and it seemed ok, the support was real good which is really important but I decided on the Peachtree Accounting software. They offered the program and 30 minutes of support for $144.00. It has a lot of similarities to the software I used where I use to work; just felt more familiar with it plus it was cheaper. They also have a demo you can try. You can download at www.peachtree.com. It would be worth checking out. It's a pretty good program.
Old 02-28-2000, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

scottlawns, <p>I am curious where and how to get free upgrades for Quickbooks? They seem to upgrade it every year and the mailing I get from Intuit has a price of $149 w/free shipping for the upgrade. I called an complained that it was too much to pay that every year, and they quoted me $125 over the phone that one time. <p>So, please tell me where do I get the free upgrades?<p>Jim
Old 02-28-2000, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

If you purchase Quickbooks I would suggest getting the 99 Version and not Quickbooks Pro 2000, especially if you are wanting to use it for payroll. With the 2000 version you have to sign up with them to handle your payroll checks. The 99 version you do it all yourself and it is simple.<p>----------<br>Charlie<br>Turf Creations, Inc.<br>