Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2009, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
Ah, yeah, I never considered that, but this boat has a 250 or something, and he has totally rebuilt it, bored it out, its suppose to be pushing almost a 300 or something like that, not to sure about all of the facts on the motor, but I know it'll haul ass!
he wanted to go faster? ahha now that im getting older i rarely open her up. But i remember the days i wanted more speed.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 02-28-2009, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My uncles got a Sea Doo RXP.... supercharged and intercooled... she topps out at 72mph stock on premium gas, thats freeking flying on a sea doo, up at there cottage theres lots of boats that top out at 50-60mph goin flying around and theres nothin better than playing with them pissing them off when you go ducking behind an islan at 50mph and pull back out at 70 and pass them like there standing still, and burning alot less fuel, this is me sittin on the thing bobin around waiting for the other guys on the GTX's to catch up
Attached Images

6ft Aluminum Truck Craft Dump Insert
20x8 Atlas Enclosed Trailer
14x 6.5 Tandem Open Landscaping Trailer
1 2011 Walker 23/48
1 36" Scag Belt Drive Fixed Deck walkbehind
2 21" Toro Super Recylers
1 Blue Bird Lawn Dethatcher
1 Classen 30" core aerator
1 Sthil FS 90R (love the 4-mix)
1 Sthil KM 90R with trimmer, edger, poll pruner and tiller
1 Stihl HS 45
1 Stihl BR429
1 Sthil BG 55 D

Old 02-28-2009, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
he wanted to go faster? ahha now that im getting older i rarely open her up. But i remember the days i wanted more speed.
Yeah! He wants everything to go faster, especially his boat, thats his baby, its a 96 or something, it was originally Davy Hite's boat and when the tornado hit and a barn roof came down on top it, man I thought he was goin to cry, it still looks good, just not near as good as it did before. But it still looks great..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdturd9726 View Post
i re-confirmed with my dad...hit 74mph last summer via garmin. For some reason i thought it was 80mph but its still up their. Twin 200 mercs. Its quicker than you think. You can fly around in the bay in your brick, but this only weighs about 4,200 lbs. It has dyno tuned props from merc and an offshore racing stainless hydraulic steering. Its also only 27 feet.

Kryptonite Boats located in Long Island, New York was founded in 1996 by Kirk Rogers and specializes in custom built performance boats. Kryptonite builds approximately 20 boats a year which allows for a strict adherence to quality. The 270 F-1 Race Series as well as the 270 Sport and Center Console versions are based on 22 degree stepped bottom with a pad and 8 foot beam. The result is a stable, efficient and fast hull which runs well in all types of water. An integrated swim platform is available onall models and stretches the boat to a full 29 feet. Additionally, each model is available in single or twin inboard/outboard and single or twin outboard versions. So whether your pursuits lie in F-1 Factory Racing, Poker Runs, or offshore fishing, we are sure to have a model which can be custom built to your specifications.
Never said your boat wasnít nice, I love boats and I had a welcraft nova II before this one and grew up around them my whole life. Itís just hard to believe your boat goes that fast not saying it canít just hard to believe! As for my brick in the water. With a 5 or 6 foot chop or wave whatever you want to call it, your boat wouldnít and couldnít do 96mph or even 50mph thatís were the design in the hull, HP, props, and boat come into play. Thatís what my boat and other "go fast" boat were made to do. We have two different boats each very nice and each made to do two totally different things. If you want to know more info about my boat look up cigarette c-a-f-e racer. (without the dash. lawnsite wont let me type in c-a-f-e without the dash)
2011 Haulmark 8.5 x 20 white enclosed trailer
2009 US cargo 7 x 16 white enclosed trailer
6.5 x 12 ezdump trailer
7 x 18 Equipment trailer
Takeuchi TL130 cab a/c heat
New Holland Compact tractor 4x4 25hp diesel
Billy goat leaf loader 18hp
Little wonder push blower 9 hp
All exmark/toro hydro mowers
All echo trimmers, blowers..
LICENSED & INSURED
Old 03-01-2009, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

" **** " hmmm thats weird.... lol it realy won't let you type c a f e all as one word
6ft Aluminum Truck Craft Dump Insert
20x8 Atlas Enclosed Trailer
14x 6.5 Tandem Open Landscaping Trailer
1 2011 Walker 23/48
1 36" Scag Belt Drive Fixed Deck walkbehind
2 21" Toro Super Recylers
1 Blue Bird Lawn Dethatcher
1 Classen 30" core aerator
1 Sthil FS 90R (love the 4-mix)
1 Sthil KM 90R with trimmer, edger, poll pruner and tiller
1 Stihl HS 45
1 Stihl BR429
1 Sthil BG 55 D

Old 03-01-2009, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

****!!!

why is that? could we get an answer?
yeah it is Waaaaaaaaaay off topic, but my post can be removed if needed.

My E-450 Dovetail Van project thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351062&page=7
Old 03-01-2009, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I also still cannot believe how that boat will hit 74mph. There is a 31 Yellowfin in OIB with twin Yamaha 350 V8's that will only hit 68...and they are BUILT...if you truly did get your boat to run 74 then please check out SKA.com and have them come do a story on your boat...I would love to know more about it in detail. AGAIN...im not trying to start ****....I just cannot mentally believe this, the facts just dont make sense at all. However it is a nice boat.

TORO
Walker
ECHO
RedMax
Powerstroke
Old 03-01-2009, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A few more, some old some new pics...my old 05' sea doo rxt which I should have never sold. Nothing like being able to pull a tube, have a passenger, and have room for enough beverages and other necessities for a full day. And being able to get close to 70mph even in decent chop is always fun on a ski. I almost pulled the trigger this year on the new anny edition sea doo rxt x 255hp but wasnt able to get myself to drop 14k on a ski...

Cant take full credit for the 07' basscat P2 anniversary edition as it is my old man's but I do enjoy getting use out of it for sure. 200 merc (really 224hp I think?), best speed so far is 71mph with 2 guys and near full tournament load. We still have to fine tune the jackplate and hoping to get a few more mph. Its usually quite an event at the boatramp with questions and comments about the rims coming from guys you would never expect to like shiny 20s. My dad had an 88' ranger bass boat before this bass cat so it was quite the upgrade.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2009, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got no toys!!

I have kids instead!!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

oh snap...check out them rims yo...damn, those are some nice wheels to be dipped in lake water!

TORO
Walker
ECHO
RedMax
Powerstroke