Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2009, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

my 76 nova
Attached Images

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Attached Images

Old 03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
I've been around motorcycles my whole life, but really got into racing about 15yrs ago. I have a pic of me jumping about 90ft but the pic is crappy due to the camera speed.
That's really cool! Is that the farthest you've ever jumped?
Old 03-05-2009, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
I've been around motorcycles my whole life, but really got into racing about 15yrs ago. I have a pic of me jumping about 90ft but the pic is crappy due to the camera speed.
Yea, I've been riding(Used to ride) since I was 13. I bought my first bike with my own money-I earned it with money from mowing lawns.
I couldn't afford to race motocross(My lifelong dream) while I was in college so I had to wait until I was 26 to buy my first motocrosser(1997 CR500R). You can't beat 60HP of 2-stroke bike anywhere. I rode it like a 250 and loved to roost people in the corners. I had a modified 99' CR250 with Elsinore graphics, Wiseco piston, RG3 suspension sent off to California, also but the brute strength of the 500 spoiled me and the 250 wasn't cutting it for me. I used to tease the 4-stroke guys about running them-I will still put the CR500R out in front of any 450I raced at Road Atlanta and down in South Ga. and I did woods racing and Grand Prix(half woods/half motocross-my favorite). I liked the Grand Prix because it took a whole gamment of skill-woods requires a completely different type of riding versus motocross and if you can do both, you've reached a different level. I always wanted to reach my full potential in riding. If you know motocross, you may know Ezra Lusk and Shae Bentley-I've ridden with both of them. Shae used to race at Road Atlanta when I raced and Ezra would come to Loganville to practice-we had a 110' double on a sand track that was fun. I only have memories now, and a baby stroller parked in the garage -I thought kids would be safer but now I'm not so sure
Old 03-05-2009, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

My CBR600RR is mine!
2004 Chevy C4500 W/12' Monroe Dump DURAMAX/ALLISON 105,000 Miles
2008 Royal Cargo 8.5'x18' Trailer

SCAG & ECHO POWER EQUIPMENT

"While your Strokin and Cummin.. I'll be takin your girl to the Max"
Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

heres my baby and my fathers mid life crisis car hahaha we split it
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2009, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhillslandscaping View Post
heres my baby and my fathers mid life crisis car hahaha we split it
Mid life crisis?
Old 03-06-2009, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick's Lawn Care View Post
Mid life crisis?
yeah he turned fifty a year ago and about 2 months before that my mom left him so he wanted feel younger and i wanted to go fast hahaha so we bought it
Old 03-06-2009, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So many bikes,

and not one supermoto. I better fix that.
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
Yea, I've been riding(Used to ride) since I was 13. I bought my first bike with my own money-I earned it with money from mowing lawns.
I couldn't afford to race motocross(My lifelong dream) while I was in college so I had to wait until I was 26 to buy my first motocrosser(1997 CR500R). You can't beat 60HP of 2-stroke bike anywhere. I rode it like a 250 and loved to roost people in the corners. I had a modified 99' CR250 with Elsinore graphics, Wiseco piston, RG3 suspension sent off to California, also but the brute strength of the 500 spoiled me and the 250 wasn't cutting it for me. I used to tease the 4-stroke guys about running them-I will still put the CR500R out in front of any 450I raced at Road Atlanta and down in South Ga. and I did woods racing and Grand Prix(half woods/half motocross-my favorite). I liked the Grand Prix because it took a whole gamment of skill-woods requires a completely different type of riding versus motocross and if you can do both, you've reached a different level. I always wanted to reach my full potential in riding. If you know motocross, you may know Ezra Lusk and Shae Bentley-I've ridden with both of them. Shae used to race at Road Atlanta when I raced and Ezra would come to Loganville to practice-we had a 110' double on a sand track that was fun. I only have memories now, and a baby stroller parked in the garage -I thought kids would be safer but now I'm not so sure
Have you ridden a modern day four stroke 450? Sure, I loved the 2 strokes too (yz 80, then 2 yz 125) but nothing really compares to the 4 stroke power and torque. Not to mention the ease of riding with the 4 stroke. No more powerband to worry about, easier starting, no rebuilds 2x a season, new technology, etc. make the 4 strokes soo much fun to ride.