Register free!

Old 03-06-2009, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44DCNF View Post
and not one supermoto. I better fix that.
Beautiful!! Those are incredible bikes! Do you just ride it no the road, or do you slip in some off roading with it?
Old 03-06-2009, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
I have a place like that . Its a 2 minute walk from my back door.

Nice.. Mine is a little further away from me but i love it.. Lake Champlain... great place to be
Old 03-06-2009, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoetschOutdoor View Post
Have you ridden a modern day four stroke 450? Sure, I loved the 2 strokes too (yz 80, then 2 yz 125) but nothing really compares to the 4 stroke power and torque. Not to mention the ease of riding with the 4 stroke. No more powerband to worry about, easier starting, no rebuilds 2x a season, new technology, etc. make the 4 strokes soo much fun to ride.
Oh yea, I've been on some 450's and even the Supermoto KTM 525 and their fast, I'll give them that. However, the power delivery is much different-you don't get that arm jerking explosion out of the corners like on a 500. I think a better question would be, "Have you ever ridden a CR500?" They have had the reputation for being the baddest bike on the planet since 1985 and any magazine will tell you that the same still holds true. To me 4 strokes accelerate and 2 strokes purely explode!!! My modified 250 was like a mini-bike compared to my stock 500. If I ever bought another bike and had the money, I'd get a perimeter frame CR500 from California-that's the ultimate. I'm a big bore 2 stroke junkie!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
What kind of bike is that... looks real nice. I was thinking of going with a BMW the 1200 GS but is alot of money so was thinking along the lines of a 600 honda.. and KTM makes a nice one too
Old 03-07-2009, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvphotog View Post
Nice.. Mine is a little further away from me but i love it.. Lake Champlain... great place to be
Champlain is Heavon on earth!!!! One of my favorite places to go. Grand isle is where we usually go. Love the Pike and huge bass. There everywhere! I could sit next to a floating dock and catch small mouth with a white grub for hours on end hahah.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 03-07-2009, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I love those supermoto's!! What size is that? I test rode a KTM 990 and a 525 but I prefer the 525. I like the 525 for the versatility. I was planning to get one and an extra set of wheels with knobbies and different sprocket to race woods and motocross. My lifelong dream has been to race the Baja 1000 but, of course, that's a pipe dream that I'll probably never see-I'm in Ga.,that takes a lot of training, and, oh yea, I don't have a bikeI'd probably ride a modified CR500 for that with a different sprocket, flywheel weight, and larger fuel tank, etc, etc, etc.MY wife always says, "OK, you can come back to Earth now!!!"
Old 03-07-2009, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
Champlain is Heavon on earth!!!! One of my favorite places to go. Grand isle is where we usually go. Love the Pike and huge bass. There everywhere! I could sit next to a floating dock and catch small mouth with a white grub for hours on end hahah.
Yrs ago did a ride to Montreal from northeastern mass. All backroads thru VT and thru north hero , Champlaign islands.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
Yrs ago did a ride to Montreal from northeastern mass. All backroads thru VT and thru north hero , Champlaign islands.
Sounds like a good time. My next riding trip is from CT to LA and back on my harley and stopping at yellow stone and many other places along the way. All solo. I will do it when we sell and move south. I will take 2-3 months to do it. My sister lives in La so i will visit there for a time as well.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 03-07-2009, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The west is awesome . In 04 I shipped by bike to sturgis. Did Mt rushmore , yellowstone , the bighorn mountains. In 05 I flew to Colo springs and rented a dresser. Went up thru the continental divide to Jackson hole, did a day of trout fishing in eastern Idaho, won a couple hundred bucks playing cards in a saloon in west yellowstone. Then thru Cheif Joseph scenic hwy, onto Cody wy. From there across to stugis , Picked up a couple hundred more playing blackjack in Deadwood. Then back down to colo. 8 days , 5 states 2100 miles.
Going to try to get back out there this yr or next.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
So you too have been to heaven.. lol

I am south of there I stay at Barber's Point in the town of Westport, near the Essex Ferry..

I have been renting this same cabin for about 15 years and love it. The Cabin is litterly steps from a private bay on Champlain.. maybe 30 feet from it or less. here are a few pics

so this is bascially the view from the deck looking in a southern direction

looking down the side of the cabin

these rocks are maybe 25 feet from the deck