Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-18-2009, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGLandscapeMaintenance View Post
Bravo are you talking 250 as in 2-stroke? Because those are rare at the races, not many have them. I hate the sound of 2-stroke dirtbikes, annoying, the 09-10 kawi 250 & 450s are the best sounding out there by far!! I'd have one but I gotta pay for college

The 450s are definitely overpowered for sx tracks and indoor tracks, for outdoors they're pretty damn fast. My RMZ 250 is the perfect medium, perfect for indoors, as well as outdoors. And my riding style suits a 4-stroke much better because I've always been a low-mid rpm rider, the 2 strokes power is on the high end, I'm up a gear compared to most guys, smoother and quieter is faster because some guys, mostly honda riders for some reason are 2nd gear rev limiter and I'm in 3rd and my bike is quiet, and when they run out of power, I've got a lot more being a gear higher, and suzukis have a lot of low end torque.
Yea, I'm talking about the 250 2-stroke's. See, you guys are talking abou an entirely different world compared to the 500 world-we are not talking about a normal 2-stroke!With a 500, you ride in 3rd. all day and rarely change a gear(I call it a lazy man's bike until you twist that throttle and then you really work to hold on). I could basically rool right up to a double in 3rd., feather the clutch a little and hop right over a large double. I'd literally come out of a corner with the front in the air and the bike wouldn't land back down until I landed the jump-That's explosive power you won't find in any 4-stroke!!!!!!!!!!This thing could re-design a berm and make guys behind you really mad.As far as sound, I'm the opposite, I like the 2-stroke sound the best. The 4-stroke sounds like an airplane that's about to crash, or a swamp boat taking on water.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Yea, those 500's are real beasts.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
Yea, I'm talking about the 250 2-stroke's. See, you guys are talking abou an entirely different world compared to the 500 world-we are not talking about a normal 2-stroke!With a 500, you ride in 3rd. all day and rarely change a gear(I call it a lazy man's bike until you twist that throttle and then you really work to hold on). I could basically rool right up to a double in 3rd., feather the clutch a little and hop right over a large double. I'd literally come out of a corner with the front in the air and the bike wouldn't land back down until I landed the jump-That's explosive power you won't find in any 4-stroke!!!!!!!!!!This thing could re-design a berm and make guys behind you really mad.As far as sound, I'm the opposite, I like the 2-stroke sound the best. The 4-stroke sounds like an airplane that's about to crash, or a swamp boat taking on water.
Then you haven't heard any of the monster pro circuit kawi 250fs then
Most beautiful sounding bikes on the track!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGLandscapeMaintenance View Post
Then you haven't heard any of the monster pro circuit kawi 250fs then
Most beautiful sounding bikes on the track!
Old 12-18-2009, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's too bad you don't have a pro national near you. I think the closest to GA is Freestone in Wortham, TX. Then you could hear the bikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVy6ZPuOspk

Good example of how they sound.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, Kawi sure does put out some good younger riders! Nice video, gets me pumped about riding after duck season is over.

One of my favs, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL-Tfyxc-_E&feature=fvw
Old 12-18-2009, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I love that video!!

He's insanely good at whips, scrubs, hell everything!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn_4TSzqy6U
^My all time favorite youtube video

Week 2 @ Nico Izzi's last feb. Another good kawi young buck, Dalton Carlson, actually lives down the street from me is in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aylOlhysXs&feature=fvw

Week 1 @ Nico Izzi's last feb. Dalton is in this as well, my mechanic for bike work that is beyond my ability, ie. suspension work, motor work besides adjusting valves, etc. John Dehn, is in this video also, he races the East Coast SX last year. And a few weeks ago before the snow fell Dalton crashed at the Dehn's track and broke both tibias and ankles and got surgery and is in a wheelchair temporary. He moved up to A this year and stomped the yard and kicked a$$ at lorettas as well. He'll be comin back strong in 2010 for A class, if he does well at lorettas, he'll race the last 3 pro nat'l races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Juu9VXuXY

Cinciarulo is another one to watch, I think he's 13 now and I can guarantee he'll be pro!

Last edited by WGLandscapeMaintenance; 12-18-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfireman View Post
here's mine. I think it runs around the neighborhood of about $1.2 million brand new.

is that a kme?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Member

2003 Mastercraft X-30 Wakeboard Boat
2008 RXT 215 Supercharged Sea Doos
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2011, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins343 View Post
Here's mine. It's the most expensive item on this thread.
how much our tower is close to yours i bet