Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2009, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_James View Post
Please do not listen to this person. He has shown his level of knowledge right here.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowingman View Post
Sure would. Hino just put a new truck plant in Williamstown about a year or so ago. With all the other industries there laying off, Hino could be a real boost to the economy, if their operation continues to grow.
California kind of made sure of that. Hino shut down the truck plant there. WV Hino plant was doing pretty good last year. If things keep up, they might put in a rail line to the plant. Do you want a white one or a red one, as that's the color most of them were on the plant grounds?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

im just waiting for my ford with a cummins and allison. mmmmmm, that would be nice. argue over that

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 02-27-2009, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I heard that dodge was going to lose cummins to ford gm is set on dmax. dodge would be screwed then. toyota was supposelvly with cat. but that wont happen. I like the big ass hino 8.0 liter. I hope that my dodges can keep the cummins!
7x18 open trailer
2007 scag Tiger Cub w/ bagger
scag 36 inch belt drive
2stihl fs 80
stihl edger
Shini long reach hedge trimmer
Shini 8510 backpack blower
Ford 3930 tractor
Little wonder 9hp walk behind blower
2008Honda hrc self propelled 21 inch
2007 Exmark metro 26 inch self propelled push
Old 02-27-2009, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandM View Post
I heard that dodge was going to lose cummins to ford gm is set on dmax. dodge would be screwed then. toyota was supposelvly with cat. but that wont happen. I like the big ass hino 8.0 liter. I hope that my dodges can keep the cummins!
you heard wrong.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

since this whole thread is "i heard"s , i heard ford had bought out cummins and has been waiting for the contract with dodge to expire. ive also heard ford is making their scorpion diesel. so why would they make their own if they are putting the cummins in. my oppinion, scorpion or cummins will be a winning match for ford

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 03-01-2009, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If you want a Cummins ISB in your FERDS get you a F-650 with the Cummins ISB engine upgarde

Back in the early 90's, Ford bought less than 15% of outstanding Cummins stock. Many companies buy into other products to add diversity, corner a market, or form an alliance. In 1997, Cummins repurchased all stock previously owned by Ford, and no Ford management is now on the Cummins board of directors. Since 1998 in the pickup market, Cummins B engines are exclusively contracted to Chrysler, an arrangement that both companies are eager to continue. Ford medium duty (class 6 and 7) and heavy duty (class 8) trucks are available with Cummins B engines. Hey, if it's good enough for a Ford 10 ton truck, I think the Cummins B is adequate for my Ram pickup! You can keep your Power Stroke. :-)

From the Cummins website: Ford does not own Cummins stock
No, at one point Ford owned less than 10% of Cummins stock, but now Ford doesn't own any Cummins stock.

Again, from a Cummins press release: http://www.cummins.com/news/benefit.html
CUMMINS ENGINE TO ISSUE 3.75 MILLION COMMON SHARES TO ESTABLISH EMPLOYEE BENEFITS TRUST. REPURCHASE OF 3 MILLION SHARES ALSO AUTHORIZED BY COMPANY - SHARES REPURCHASED FROM FORD MOTOR COMPANY - KENNETH DABROWSKI RESIGNS FROM BOARD. COLUMBUS, Ind.
(Jan. 3, 1997) - Cummins Engine Co. Inc. today announced that it will issue 3.75 million shares of its common stock to an employee benefits trust for use in meeting the company's future obligations under employee benefit and compensation plans. While the trust shares may be used to fund a number of these plans, the principal use will be in funding contributions to employee retirement savings programs the company revised on January 1, 1997.
Formation of the trust and issuance of the shares to the trust will have no effect on the company's earnings per share calculation. Shares of common stock held by the trust will not be used in calculating the company's reported earnings per share until the shares are distributed from the trust and allocated to a benefit plan.
The company also announced that it has repurchased 1.3 million shares of its common stock from Ford Motor Company and has authorized the repurchase of an additional 1.7 million shares in the open market. In accordance with the terms of the company's 1990 investment agreement with Ford, Kenneth R. Dabrowski, a Ford vice president who has recently served on the Cummins Board of Directors under the terms of the investment agreement has resigned, effective with the repurchase. Following the repurchase from Ford, the company has approximately 38.2 million shares outstanding.
Cummins, headquartered in Columbus, Ind., is a leading worldwide designer and manufacturer of diesel engines and related products. These engines provide power for its key markets: automotive, power generation, industrial and filtration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercuts View Post
since this whole thread is "i heard"s , i heard ford had bought out cummins and has been waiting for the contract with dodge to expire. ive also heard ford is making their scorpion diesel. so why would they make their own if they are putting the cummins in. my oppinion, scorpion or cummins will be a winning match for ford
Old 03-01-2009, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a f-750 with a cummins in it and I have had alot more trouble with it then any of my powerstrokes. I"m not saying there is anything wrong with cummins this is just my experience.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You need to smack your Bro in law.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 03-05-2009, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by packey View Post
First no one will be running a small cat. the reasonis not because of emissions it is simply cat decided it was not cost effective to stay in the small engine market. This was decided about a year ago maybe longer. now as far a ford running a cummins who knows and no ford does not own cummins. Many years ago ford bought what was 10 percent of cummins from cummins to help them get back on their feet. once cummins was back on their feet they bought the stock back. Do I think their will be any switches maybe so I think maybe gm to cut cost will go to the Isuzu diesel and get rid of the duramax. I think ford will stay with international and dodge will stay with cummins. Now this is all suposition especially with the auto makers sreamin about being broke.
Internaional and Ford are done. International is now working with GM.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com