Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-10-2009, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a 96 gallon at lowes for $89. It is like the kind you use for household trash that the trash man picks up. I like it because of the extra volume it holds, and it is built tough. It also has wheels. The only downside is that it is heavy but two guys could lift and dump easily, trash men do it all day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-11-2009, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushGreenLawn View Post
I bought a 96 gallon at lowes for $89. It is like the kind you use for household trash that the trash man picks up. I like it because of the extra volume it holds, and it is built tough. It also has wheels. The only downside is that it is heavy but two guys could lift and dump easily, trash men do it all day.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have one from my city, what I often do is use a little can and at the end of the day dump it in the 95 gallon trash cart
Ferris 32
Toro 21
Redmax BCZ2401s, Redmax HE225f, Redmax EBZ7100 Kawasaki KRB300
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer
Old 07-12-2009, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerdude777 View Post
I have one from my city, what I often do is use a little can and at the end of the day dump it in the 95 gallon trash cart
I have one from the city as well. I never thought about using it really, because it usually has our household trash in it, but it would work in a pinch.

What I mainly use mine for is for grass clippings. I have a few lawns that have to be bagged, and all the clippings from one day fit into the one can. We were putting them into the back of the truck but it was a pain to unload.

I may try it for leaf cleanups that we have to haul away this fall. Usually, if we cannot just plow/blow them to the curb, we put them on tarps and then into a dump trailer, but the big can may work better.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushGreenLawn View Post
I have one from the city as well. I never thought about using it really, because it usually has our household trash in it, but it would work in a pinch.

What I mainly use mine for is for grass clippings. I have a few lawns that have to be bagged, and all the clippings from one day fit into the one can. We were putting them into the back of the truck but it was a pain to unload.

I may try it for leaf cleanups that we have to haul away this fall. Usually, if we cannot just plow/blow them to the curb, we put them on tarps and then into a dump trailer, but the big can may work better.
I mainly use my 96 gallon trash can when I have a cleanup, I do not use mine for grass unless I have to it really starts to smell in there and mold starts to grow as well
Ferris 32
Toro 21
Redmax BCZ2401s, Redmax HE225f, Redmax EBZ7100 Kawasaki KRB300
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer
Old 07-12-2009, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I've never seen one of these before around here.

We usually just dump everything into the truck. Thought about using a tarp but it's usually heavier debris rather than, say, grass, so I don't know if it is worth it or not.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerdude777 View Post
I mainly use my 96 gallon trash can when I have a cleanup, I do not use mine for grass unless I have to it really starts to smell in there and mold starts to grow as well
It does smell if you leave it in the trailer overnight, especially in an enclosed. We just dump at the end of the day, we have to have it clear for the next day. We only bag a few each day anyway, but only when the customer pushes hard and even then its at a price premium. Bagging is a big pita.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-24-2009, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

every guy i see hear in ny long island has like 3 to 4 of the in the back of the truck with on or to mexicans hahah
Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowingtowing View Post
My homedepot here in Fairfax, VA told me they were not going to restock the green barrels. So I made them sell me the only one they still had that they were using for trash. Paid $15 but list was like $40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joef450snowplow View Post
every guy i see hear in ny long island has like 3 to 4 of the in the back of the truck with on or to mexicans hahah
i got a good laugh out of this lol