Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-29-2014, 12:50 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,278
Long Island New York Landscapers

I remember there were many new members from LI last year.

Who is still around?

How did things go last year?

What do you have planned for this year?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-29-2014, 11:18 PM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,183
Still here, did good last year, things are going great this year. Just had to add a dump trailer.

How you doin? I know ive asked but what towns do you service?
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-29-2014, 11:42 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,278
Fourth year and best start yet. Though still short of a full schedule.

Work in Eastern half of Huntington Township, Smithtown Township, and a touch of the Northern part of Islip Township.

Where do you work?

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2014, 09:14 AM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,183
I live in nesconset, park the truck and equip in farmingdale but grew up in lynbrook so im running long beach to port jeff! It gets a little tiring but the referrals are building so ill take them where they come. Just finished a nice patio in islip, have one on deck in brentwood and one in st james so im driving a little less
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-30-2014, 10:52 AM
cotyledon cotyledon is online now
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: yaphank ny
Posts: 203
im new to lawnsite, but have been on li for 33 years my whole life. landscaping for 20 of em. we do all eco friendly and organic stuff. competition is pretty stiff here there must be more landscapers per sq mile here than anywhere else on earth. we cover all of Suffolk, have $$ will travel
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-30-2014, 07:16 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotyledon View Post
im new to lawnsite, but have been on li for 33 years my whole life. landscaping for 20 of em. we do all eco friendly and organic stuff. competition is pretty stiff here there must be more landscapers per sq mile here than anywhere else on earth. we cover all of Suffolk, have $$ will travel
How far west, east, north, and south have you worked from Yaphank?

There are people here that will not travel that far. I look at travel as worth it when all one would be doing is sitting home waiting for work.

You solo, family business, what?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-30-2014, 08:36 PM
cotyledon cotyledon is online now
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: yaphank ny
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
How far west, east, north, and south have you worked from Yaphank?

There are people here that will not travel that far. I look at travel as worth it when all one would be doing is sitting home waiting for work



You solo, family business, what?
Actually my furthest west customers are manhasset and long beach I don't take any new ones from Nassau tho. Furthest east is the forks both of em . I should say I don't cut grass any more so those long trips are for the whole day at least. I started the business in 2004 Been pretty good could always be better . How about yourself what's your service area what kinda service do u offer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by cotyledon; 04-30-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-01-2014, 12:46 AM
alldayrj's Avatar
alldayrj alldayrj is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 3,183
I forgot to say as far as services im install only, mainly cambridge pavers, concrete, big grading and sod. I own a harley rake so anyone that comes across big sod jobs let me know, i sub in for prep for some contractors.
__________________
RJ All Day
Masonry and Landscapes
www.rjfalcone.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 AM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
I forgot to say as far as services im install only, mainly cambridge pavers, concrete, big grading and sod. I own a harley rake so anyone that comes across big sod jobs let me know, i sub in for prep for some contractors.
Good to know about the Harley rake.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 AM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 3,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotyledon View Post
How about yourself what's your service area what kinda service do u offer?
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
Fourth year and best start yet. Though still short of a full schedule.

Work in Eastern half of Huntington Township, Smithtown Township, and a touch of the Northern part of Islip Township.

I work mostly solo.

Mainly maintenance work and small installs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.14375 seconds with 9 queries