Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-20-2012, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Hustler support

I am starting this thread because my dealer told me today that he was not going to be a hustler dealer as of DEC. 31 , that puts me in a bind because the next nearest dealer is 40 miles out. he said the reason for this is the lack of support from hustler I don't know if this is due to him being a first yaer dealer or what but this dealer as been right there for me when i needed them.
four recalls on my new superz they fixed in one day on the spot
I wish this could be avoided, I have used hustler mowers since i started lawn care and they have always been helpful through this site . it would be nice to have support other posting threads.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Mind me asking what the recalls are?
Old 11-20-2012, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Mind me asking what the recalls are?

I would be interested in this information as well!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

My recall was for the fuel tank inserts at the top, no biggie to me just the EPA.
btw-Between Huntsville and Decatur, there should be another Hustler dealer.
I used to live in Decatur and I envy you because Madison is smack in between and TONS of potential for a lawn company there.

NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Member

In my opinion, its the supporting dealer, not the mower. As long as quality is about even, I'll go with whatever mower my best dealer is selling. Service is crucial to keeping my business running, so my loyalty runs about as thick as the dealer supports. Now - I haven't had any trouble with dealers switching on me so I've stayed with my favorite brand for a while, but if that were to change, I would too.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Sponsor

Newtrack1,
I've looked into the issue of your dealer getting out of selling Hustler after only one year. I have found it's like relatives seperating, never choose a side and life is good. It is what it is but that leaves you out in the cold. By going to our public website and entering your home town I found Maynard Equipment in Brownsboro and Westside Lawn in Hartselle. Both way under the 40 miles you spoke about. Both of these dealers are good size operations. The territory salesman for Hustler in your area is talking to a dealer in your area about coming on board. Feel free to drop me a line with a suggestion on a dealer you would like to service your needs and I'll direct the salesman his way.
Losing you dealer gives you a lonely feeling. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any needs with your mower.

Brian O
hustlermidwest@aol.com
Old 11-22-2012, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for responding I didn’t mean to sound like I was choosing sides and I overstated the mileage to my nearest dealer by 20 miles
I was so excited about having a dealer here in Madison now that’s probably going to change I purchased my first mower from Maynard equipment
And they good people, it’s just easier to drive 10 min rather than 35 min. in my opinion hustler mowers are the best on the market and I don’t want to see them getting a bad rap I see so many hustler mowers out here I hope that hustler will find a dealer here in Madison or huntsville .

Thanks again .
Old 11-22-2012, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Member

My wife will not allow Hustler in the house! So I do not have her support.