Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-18-2012, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Kicking myself right now, A local outlet center where I live is selling Husky 324ldx trimmers NEW in BOX for $169.00! They have a whole palet full of them Wow I could have grabbed two for what I just paid for my Dolmar.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody82986 View Post
Holy crap. I'm so tired of these stupid assed threads about this same subject. I can buy an Echo from Home Depot without a problem. My dealer is never going to have to work on or service my trimmer anyway!!!!!!! If you can't work on an Echo or replace a part on an Echo, then I suggest a different line of work. They are so easy to deal with it's almost ******ed. When I have a part break or when I need something for an Echo product I own, I go down to the dealer and get the part. My dealer laughs his ass off at guys who bring their Echo's in for work. He says it's the easiest money he makes. I am normally in agreement with people who say that you need good dealer support for equipment, but if we are talking Echo, no dealer support needed. Just keep some common parts in stock and enjoy the AC.
I work on most of my own equipment but there are times when I'm too damn busy to work on my equipment so I bring it to the dealer to fix it. There are times when it makes sense for me to just get it fixed at the shop. I can sharpen my own chain saws too, but when I'm in hurricane cleanup mode in the middle of leaf cleanups I've got better things to do than sharpening chains.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Member

I have 4 speed feed echo universal heads for sale (ebay) You stick the pieces of line in ... 15 each, if someone wants them 4 for $50 plus a used one and a pack of line.... Let me know David
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyBlue32 View Post
I have 4 speed feed echo universal heads for sale (ebay) You stick the pieces of line in ... 15 each, if someone wants them 4 for $50 plus a used one and a pack of line.... Let me know David
Good luck trying to give them away.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

good for people that can wind a head...?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

The corporations are taking all the business from the small guy, this should be the only reason not to buy from Home Depot. Try to support small business unless your local guy is a greedy crook.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmelli View Post
The corporations are taking all the business from the small guy, this should be the only reason not to buy from Home Depot. Try to support small business unless your local guy is a greedy crook.
While I agree with this, I shopped around on some parts for my mower and found the parts cheaper elsewhere then the dealer wanted to sell them for. I needed to replace the rear tires and asked what the oem tires would run me. He said $135 each plus mounting. I checked with a local tire shop a mile from me and they wanted $200 mounted out the door for a pair of the exact same tire, brand and all.

In all fairness to the big box stores, they have the money to buy in huge quantity compared to the small guy. It's hard to blame them when they are offering the consumer the same product at a less expensive price. Isn't that what we all want? You can't tell me that any one of the members on here would turn down the opportunity to make more money because we could get products to the consumer in larger quantity. Anyone that wants to stay small (me included) can't complain about big box stores taking over.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
Good luck trying to give them away.
I was thinking the same thing. Why waste the money on e-bay trying to sell them.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
While I agree with this, I shopped around on some parts for my mower and found the parts cheaper elsewhere then the dealer wanted to sell them for. I needed to replace the rear tires and asked what the oem tires would run me. He said $135 each plus mounting. I checked with a local tire shop a mile from me and they wanted $200 mounted out the door for a pair of the exact same tire, brand and all.

In all fairness to the big box stores, they have the money to buy in huge quantity compared to the small guy. It's hard to blame them when they are offering the consumer the same product at a less expensive price. Isn't that what we all want? You can't tell me that any one of the members on here would turn down the opportunity to make more money because we could get products to the consumer in larger quantity. Anyone that wants to stay small (me included) can't complain about big box stores taking over.
Here is another problem, If the manufacturer offers the same wholesale price to the little guy the Big box store will threaten to stop buying from the manufacturer. Toys-r-us uses this strategy to take out the competition.