Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

View Poll Results: what do u wear for eye protection?
sunglass's 131 37.43%
actual safety glass's 186 53.14%
some sort of full face mask 5 1.43%
nothing 28 8.00%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2010, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

i wear the one's that look like cool sunglasses you get at lowes. never had a problem with them.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a pair of oakleys that I use. They really can take some crazy abuse, look around on youtube and check it out. Further, I also use the frames with a different lens sets to row in, so they are the sport type, big full coverage type deal. They are also one of very few styles that our government has decided to provide to the military. The way I see it if the govt says it can protect soldiers from explosion shrapnel, anything I can throw at it is a piece of cake.

Not only that but the interchangeable lenses are so nice, and the optics and quality, though pricey are well worth it. I have lenses in a black polarized, hivis persimmon/amber, and clear in flakjacket frames and I love them! look around on ebay for some deals...
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know if they're 'Safety' glasses, but I buy the ones from the Harley Davidson shop. They have foam around them and fit nice
Old 07-20-2010, 02:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I like the stihl timbersports great side coverage, which is most important when mowing. These glasses have taken debri thrown from the mower deflected off a tree then into my head, I will not leave home without them. The only draw back is that my dealer is usually out becase they are a hot item.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2010, 03:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wear the military grade oakleys, they are shatter proof and impact resistant. I get them because my dad is DOD and anyone in Gov't or military can get em. If not your out of luck.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy852 View Post
I have a pair of oakleys that I use. They really can take some crazy abuse, look around on youtube and check it out. Further, I also use the frames with a different lens sets to row in, so they are the sport type, big full coverage type deal. They are also one of very few styles that our government has decided to provide to the military. The way I see it if the govt says it can protect soldiers from explosion shrapnel, anything I can throw at it is a piece of cake.

Not only that but the interchangeable lenses are so nice, and the optics and quality, though pricey are well worth it. I have lenses in a black polarized, hivis persimmon/amber, and clear in flakjacket frames and I love them! look around on ebay for some deals...
The military spec ones are different than the consumer grade, thicker and made of different materials.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_mott85 View Post
Actual safety glasses. I have three different pairs. Tinted, Smoked, and Clear.
I have had more stuff fly at my from underneath my glasses than directly at so I just feel like actual safety glasses are better at wrapping around my face and protecting from the sides and below.
Granted the bigger stuff like mulch or rocks do come straight at me.
Anyone taken a rock to the nose or lip? Either that or a rock to your white knuckles on a trimmer...that'll almost bring me to my knees.
Man hell yeah!!! I need gloves and a full mask! I get hit on the nose and lip and on the hands more than I get sh*t to fly at my eyes.

F150 Ext Cab Long Bed
Carry-On 5x10 Open trailer
48" John Deere HD75 Hydro w/ Floating deck & Sulky
36" Bobcat WB Fixed Deck w/ Sulky
Turfco WB Aerator
Scotts Industrial Tiller
Honda 3000 PSI Pressure Washer
Little Wonder 9HP Blower
Stihl BR 600 Magnum Blower
Stihl Br 550 Magnum Blower
Stihl Fs 130
Stihl HL 100 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS 170 Chain Saw
Echo SRM 250 Trimmer
Echo PE 225 Edger
Old 07-22-2010, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMan89 View Post
Man hell yeah!!! I need gloves and a full mask! I get hit on the nose and lip and on the hands more than I get sh*t to fly at my eyes.
UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!!!

A mini rock hits my lip or chin ma it hurts! One of my guys used to where a Husqvarna forestry helmet the one with the head phones and face mask....

I wear the home depot changing colors safety glasses / sunglasses (no one can see my eyes!) Which is always good!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Member

This my vote
some sort of full face mask
Why? glasses didn't gave me a full protection, this one is a metal screen...............
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2010, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i wear a pair of polarized costa del mars. Great glasses and it helps me see a whole lot better