Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2009, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopassonthebluegrass View Post
Haha. No worries.

What is it I need to "fix right the first time"? The D403 is a known POS. It works equally poorly when I rebuild it as when the mechanics at Lesco repaired it after it was all of 2 months old...

But your "I know how to fix it right the first time" is bull$hit. You saying you were born with a capacity to accomplish every task on the first try? And you're in lawncare? LOL.
Whoop keep in mind that the 403 is not a bad pump when configured correctly as the Owners Manual will show how to run the Lines to and From pump.

The Lesco or Cub Cadet desigener of the Cheesy Bypass return to suction line is the issue that is your grief.

Again I bought a 100 gal Lesco with a D-30 and it HAD the same configuration as yours has with the 403.

My D-30 on my Agrotec 300 Gal had the lines plumbed as I suggest to you to re-configure to.

The Filter was upgraded to a 16 mesh TeeJet (same as on my agrotec) BUT the external Diaphram on my Lesco 100 gal D-30 would run VERY ERRATIC and make it very tough on the 2 internal Diaghprams.

It was running like the filter was Sucking Air.

So I took all of the suction lines apart from Tank TO Pump and re-teflon taped all and re-assembled.

Guess what...Same Problem.

Then I realized that the water moving through the 3/8 hose from bypass pump to the manifold was moving FASTER than the water moving through the 1" suction line which caused CAVITATION.

I plugged the manifold with a plug and then added a longer 3/8" hose to the bypass at the pump and just loosely stuck in the top fillwell of the tank as a test to prove or dis-prove what I thought about the Cavatation issues a Wa-La!!!

The External diaghpram was smooth and STEADY!! Problem solved!!!

Think about this a different way....The fluid moving into the suction line from the pump bypass (your stock setup now) is changing speed and flow as you spray and shutoff the spray gun.

This change has a direct effect on the Flow/Pulse of the water entering the pump from the Suction Line and will AFFECT THE CHECK VALVES in a negative way....Now fluid that is supposed to be sucked in thru the valves by your Internal Diaghprams, closes when it should be open AND the DIAGHPRAMS TAKE A BEATING.

I still say you will like the 403 when you FIX the Line Config.

Long Winded but for a good cause.

Be Cheep and just re-build, re-filter mesh 20, and re-configure the lines buddy.

Pete
Old 03-05-2009, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLWC View Post
a 6 inch pipe niple
That IS what to do.

Very Nice.

Pete
Old 03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

get rid of the manifold and put a 1 inch 6 inch long pipe niple and then use he u bolts on the ridged pipe
Old 03-05-2009, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

that's not simple?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
get rid of the manifold and put a 1 inch 6 inch long pipe niple and then use he u bolts on the ridged pipe
Yes EXACTLY and then a nice smooth water flo and stronger than plastic too.

Pete
Old 03-05-2009, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Member

i agree on your plumbing that is the way my wyle sprayer is set up and no problems
Old 03-06-2009, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
i agree on your plumbing that is the way my wyle sprayer is set up and no problems
Yes that the way Hypro says to do it. They KNOW

I still wonder WHY the Lesco/Cub Cadet people chose to run it their way......

Whoop will LOVE his sprayer when he makes the changes.

Pete
Old 03-06-2009, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Member

check this out there is a part in there on the lines kind of
Attached Images
File Type: pdf wylie1.pdf (552.1 KB, 46 views)
Old 03-06-2009, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Member

on page 8 through 11
Old 03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Whoop, what pressure are you using? Excess pressure is hard on the pump. I use about 100 pounds. About the filter. The picture looks like about a 100 or 200 mesh to me. About 100 to 200 openings per square inch. I melt urea. I use a 100 mesh prefilter inside the tank, and 325 mesh in front of the pump. Myself I think you should get rid of the filter on the pressure side near the reel. Filters belong on the suction side. You don't want restriction on the pressure side. One other thing--I prefer to use i-inch clear vinyl tubing on the suction side (no braid). The reason is--you can see the flow and spot air bubbles or debris. Secondly, if the vinyl tubeing shows any signs of collapsing then you know there is a suction restriction somewhere (usually a clogged filter).
Also I calculated that my pump (Hypro D252) pumps out about 20,000 gallons before I change the diaphragms only, at the end of the year.