Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 03-19-2009, 10:51 PM
whoopassonthebluegrass's Avatar
whoopassonthebluegrass whoopassonthebluegrass is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Benson, UT
Posts: 4,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Whoop--tie the strainer to the swivel. but you may not have clearance to rotate it so you can screw it in--and therefore would need to put it on a short piece of hose.

However i have not changed my mind--I think the strainers belong in the suction side of the system. The Hypro diagrams never show a strainer on the pressure side. Most strainers are not designed for pressure. Could leak or blow out at high pressure.

In any case, I hope it works OK. Let us know!
Thanks for the input. I bought a 150psi strainer, so it ought to be able to take the pressure without much trouble... As for before the pump: I've already got one there, so it seems kinda redundant to put another one just a couple inches later...

We'll see how it goes.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 03-20-2009, 12:42 AM
heritage's Avatar
heritage heritage is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopassonthebluegrass View Post
Alright. I finished my bids a little early today and used the rest of the day to rebuild and reassemble the pump/gearbox/motor. The only things I have left to do are repair my sight glass, fill the pump with oil, and put the strainer right before the hose (still figuring out the logistics of that one)...

Does anyone feel that it would be unwise to have my strainer tie right into my Super-Swivel? Seems like the most logical place (and the only location that it won't be suspended freely)...

I hope to have it all said and done in the morning, and if I do - I'll get pix posted and all that good stuff...
Great Whoop.

Thats where I put my fine strainer........on the swivel. I have a Male quick Disconnect threaded into the swivel and a female quick disconnect threaded into the output side of the strainer. A male quick disconnect on the input side of the strainer.

I ONLY use this secondary strainer when I do pre in beds and Turf apps with the hose. This for me is always under 60 psi apps, and the strainer is rated for 150psi.

Remove the second strainer for all your Tree/Ornamental sprays.

Let's see those pic's

Pete
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 03-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,018
Hey Pete

I will bet Whooped's mommy didn't hold his hand potty training him as much as you have on this pump issue. But then with Whooped it is a matter of
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 03-20-2009, 08:59 PM
heritage's Avatar
heritage heritage is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Hey Pete

I will bet Whooped's mommy didn't hold his hand potty training him as much as you have on this pump issue. But then with Whooped it is a matter of
Ric,

You do have a sense of humor

IF that pump was set up right from the start (lesco/cub cadet) I feel he and others would have a more reliable piece of equipment.........I think we have made some big improvements to whoops "stock" setup.

You too understand Ric as a Teacher, that sharing good information is better for ALL of us.

Pete
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 PM
whoopassonthebluegrass's Avatar
whoopassonthebluegrass whoopassonthebluegrass is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Benson, UT
Posts: 4,056
Okay, I just got in... and forgot to take pix. Well, that's not true. I went to take pix and the battery was dead (my kids love the feature that allows them to distort their smiles)... So I went in and charged the camera... and never came back for it. Got distracted with too many other projects...

Everything is running, though my bypass isn't doing a damned thing. It's either on or off - there's no regulating the pressure... which is the way it's been since day one, near as I can tell.

Ignoring the regulator dysfunction, however, things are operating. I was able to thread the second filter on without any trouble, and it did a good job of catching much of the debris that was in the bottom of my tank.

I'll get some pix tomorrow, but after 12 hours of fixing crap, I'm done for the day.

As for you, Ric, as the song so eloquently states, "Ain't too proud to beg." I'd much rather have Pete hold my hand than "be a man" and botch it 26 times because I wouldn't stop and ask for directions. Now go back to your tapioca pudding and adult diapers.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 03-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopassonthebluegrass View Post
Okay, I just got in... and forgot to take pix. Well, that's not true. I went to take pix and the battery was dead (my kids love the feature that allows them to distort their smiles)... So I went in and charged the camera... and never came back for it. Got distracted with too many other projects...

Everything is running, though my bypass isn't doing a damned thing. It's either on or off - there's no regulating the pressure... which is the way it's been since day one, near as I can tell.

Ignoring the regulator dysfunction, however, things are operating. I was able to thread the second filter on without any trouble, and it did a good job of catching much of the debris that was in the bottom of my tank.

I'll get some pix tomorrow, but after 12 hours of fixing crap, I'm done for the day.

As for you, Ric, as the song so eloquently states, "Ain't too proud to beg." I'd much rather have Pete hold my hand than "be a man" and botch it 26 times because I wouldn't stop and ask for directions. Now go back to your tapioca pudding and adult diapers.
But Whooped

Pete is holding your hand after 150 posts and you still have it BOTCHED.

Now I wouldn't want to be politically incorrect like Our President on the Jay Leno Show the other night and suggest you might qualify for the Special Olympics. But maybe your the one in need of adult diapers because of my statement in the previous post????
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 03-21-2009, 03:58 PM
heritage's Avatar
heritage heritage is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopassonthebluegrass View Post
Okay, I just got in... and forgot to take pix. Well, that's not true. I went to take pix and the battery was dead (my kids love the feature that allows them to distort their smiles)... So I went in and charged the camera... and never came back for it. Got distracted with too many other projects...

Everything is running, though my bypass isn't doing a damned thing. It's either on or off - there's no regulating the pressure... which is the way it's been since day one, near as I can tell.

Ignoring the regulator dysfunction, however, things are operating. I was able to thread the second filter on without any trouble, and it did a good job of catching much of the debris that was in the bottom of my tank.

I'll get some pix tomorrow, but after 12 hours of fixing crap, I'm done for the day.

As for you, Ric, as the song so eloquently states, "Ain't too proud to beg." I'd much rather have Pete hold my hand than "be a man" and botch it 26 times because I wouldn't stop and ask for directions. Now go back to your tapioca pudding and adult diapers.

Sounds right to me on the bypass. The only time is should be "Bypassing" is when you have the valve to the reel/spray gun off AND the Jet Agitation off......and this is when the Red Paddle is on Pressure.


When you start engine, CLOSE all pump valves on the pressure side, have the red paddle on "Bypass" for 1 minute till engine is warmed up, put red paddle all the way to pressure side (pump valves still closed) and THEN set your pressure adjustment 100 psi's above the pressure you will be working with.

NOW BERORE you open the Jet Agitation Valve on the pressure side, Look IN THE TANK. The BYPASS should be flowing big time AND your Pressure Gauge should be working, ready to be adjusted and steady.

Now that you see all of the above and have adjusted your pressure, go ahead and slowly open the Jet Agitation Valve on the pressure side until you are at your desired pressure about 100 psi's below your starting point.

Now your bypass does little as you have relieved pressure to your Jet Agitation.

Pics next.

Pete
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 03-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage View Post
Sounds right to me on the bypass. The only time is should be "Bypassing" is when you have the valve to the reel/spray gun off AND the Jet Agitation off......and this is when the Red Paddle is on Pressure.


When you start engine, CLOSE all pump valves on the pressure side, have the red paddle on "Bypass" for 1 minute till engine is warmed up, put red paddle all the way to pressure side (pump valves still closed) and THEN set your pressure adjustment 100 psi's above the pressure you will be working with.

NOW BERORE you open the Jet Agitation Valve on the pressure side, Look IN THE TANK. The BYPASS should be flowing big time AND your Pressure Gauge should be working, ready to be adjusted and steady.

Now that you see all of the above and have adjusted your pressure, go ahead and slowly open the Jet Agitation Valve on the pressure side until you are at your desired pressure about 100 psi's below your starting point.

Now your bypass does little as you have relieved pressure to your Jet Agitation.

Pics next.

Pete
That is exactly where I have installed my second pressure regulator. That way I get a little constant agitation even when spraying. Shut off my gun and I get full agitation with no pressure build up in the spray hose. When I first reopen my gun I get the same constant spray pressure as if I had it spraying for an hour. My reason for installing the second regulator was to eliminate pressure build up in my hose when triggering the gun. I also wanted constant agitation. But poor old Whooped is so confused by now he can't think straight and is shipping you his D 403 as I type this.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 03-22-2009, 07:37 PM
heritage's Avatar
heritage heritage is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
That is exactly where I have installed my second pressure regulator. That way I get a little constant agitation even when spraying. Shut off my gun and I get full agitation with no pressure build up in the spray hose. When I first reopen my gun I get the same constant spray pressure as if I had it spraying for an hour. My reason for installing the second regulator was to eliminate pressure build up in my hose when triggering the gun. I also wanted constant agitation. But poor old Whooped is so confused by now he can't think straight and is shipping you his D 403 as I type this.
Hey Ric,

Thanks for the insight......I know you mentioned it way early in these posts, but I did not quite understand it at the time. Now I will think about that for my setup.

The old hand shares his smarts.....And some smart *** as well LOL.

Pete
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
whoopassonthebluegrass's Avatar
whoopassonthebluegrass whoopassonthebluegrass is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Benson, UT
Posts: 4,056
Okay, here are the pix. A little anticlimactic, I suppose, but this is it:

Thanks, Pete.

And a special thanks to you, Ric. Don't know what I'd have done without you.
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.08229 seconds with 8 queries