Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Hypro diaphragm pumps are made in Italy by AR Company. Hypro pumps and AR pumps are identical. If you wish to confirm this you can call Hypro or feel free to give us a call.
Threre is a little less maintenance with the D30 as there are 3 diaphragms in the D403 and only 2 in the D30. Over the years we have better success with the D30.
The D30 is standard equipment on most Rittenhouse Lawn Sprayers.
Toni
Old 03-04-2009, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

oh only a little less flow with the D30, maybe i put up with the 403 and get some spare parts on hand, but dang its a PITA to do...... eh it is what it is, a job...............

thanks for the info Toni
Old 03-04-2009, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniDavies View Post
Hypro diaphragm pumps are made in Italy by AR Company. Hypro pumps and AR pumps are identical. If you wish to confirm this you can call Hypro or feel free to give us a call.
Threre is a little less maintenance with the D30 as there are 3 diaphragms in the D403 and only 2 in the D30. Over the years we have better success with the D30.
The D30 is standard equipment on most Rittenhouse Lawn Sprayers.
Toni
If the pump is identical then why does Rittenhouse list it as a 8.5 gpm pump and Hypro website lists it as a 9.5 gpm?

Just curious

Terry
Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Rittenhouse 8.5 Imperial Gallons, Hypro 9.0 US Gallons in the Hypro Book, 9.5 US Gallons on the Hypro Website??? Good question, we are just about to call Hypro for clarification.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
oh only a little less flow with the D30, maybe i put up with the 403 and get some spare parts on hand...
I guess what my concern boils down to is this:

On my D403, I go through diaphragms every couple of months (under light use). Is the D30 (being the same basic technology) going to have diaphragms fail just as quickly? Because if I still end up having to rebuild the pump just as often, I may as well not replace it. (I can do it in my sleep at this point.)
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopassonthebluegrass View Post
I guess what my concern boils down to is this:

On my D403, I go through diaphragms every couple of months (under light use). Is the D30 (being the same basic technology) going to have diaphragms fail just as quickly? Because if I still end up having to rebuild the pump just as often, I may as well not replace it. (I can do it in my sleep at this point.)
Whoop,

As long as you are NOT plugging suction lines, you will not have Diaphram failure so darn quick with the 30.

I change em' on the D-30 ONCE a season and I spray A LOT of gallons with that good ole' pump

I like my D-30 buddy...You will also.

Pete
Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Whoop,

Every couple months...........I would get tired of that too.

I have went longer than 1 season with the rubbers in my D-30. Just replacing them every winter is a good preventative thing.

I pump A LOT of gallons through mine every year.

Terry
Old 03-04-2009, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
oh only a little less flow with the D30, maybe i put up with the 403 and get some spare parts on hand, but dang its a PITA to do...... eh it is what it is, a job...............

thanks for the info Toni
Treegal

Unless you are applying 100 gallon per thousand as a termite pretreat, why would you need more GPM than a D 30 puts out???? Why not go to a D 50 or Beam pump? BTW I use hydra cels that are 25 GPM and are an over kill at $4200 each brand new. But I only change diaphragms every 5 or 6 years.

Why not listen to the sales manager of Rittenhouse who said they have more problems with D 403 than the old stand by D 30 that has been used for years now. Only major problem I have had with the D 30 is the epoxy lining coming off after 10 years of pumping fertilizer. I made the mistake of replacing parts at about the same cost of a new pump.

Heritage

Dirty Filter could be Whooped's problem. He always has impressed me as the type that doesn't wipe.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Treegal

Unless you are applying 100 gallon per thousand as a termite pretreat, why would you need more GPM than a D 30 puts out???? Why not go to a D 50 or Beam pump? BTW I use hydra cels that are 25 GPM and are an over kill at $4200 each brand new. But I only change diaphragms every 5 or 6 years.

Why not listen to the sales manager of Rittenhouse who said they have more problems with D 403 than the old stand by D 30 that has been used for years now. Only major problem I have had with the D 30 is the epoxy lining coming off after 10 years of pumping fertilizer. I made the mistake of replacing parts at about the same cost of a new pump.

Heritage

Dirty Filter could be Whooped's problem. He always has impressed me as the type that doesn't wipe.

Ha Ha Ric.

I mostly use a TeeJet AA126 with 35 mesh filter on my pumps unless I am using a Blue Nozzle on the Chem lawn Gun......Then I add a 2nd, smaller TeeJet 122 inline filter 100 mesh filter, with quick disconnects, and attach at the inlet of the hose reel. Only running 50-60 psi at the pump, so no worries about blowing up the 150 psi filter on the pressure side.

The filters lesco used had a very fine mesh I think 75 or 100, and I had one and removed it, when I bought a 100 gal sprayer from them...They are junk, and could be Whoops Issue.

Now he can wipe Ha Ha.

Check the filter Whoop Buddy.

Pete

Last edited by heritage; 03-04-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

we are low pressure mass flow orgies, we spray tea......

yes i am starting to question my pump need again, its like i have pump A.D.D.................D50 nice one more thing to obsess over..................