Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2009, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Dirty Filter could be Whooped's problem. He always has impressed me as the type that doesn't wipe.
Hey, I'm just saving the trees, old man. At least I still take the time to head for the bathroom. I just don't know HOW you can wear those Depends all day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage View Post
The filters lesco used had a very fine mesh I think 75 or 100, and I had one and removed it, when I bought a 100 gal sprayer from them...They are junk, and could be Whoops Issue...
Are we talking about the clear strainer filter? If so, I watch it constantly and clean it out all the time. The only time it really gets any build up at all, though, is if I let prodiamine settle out...
Old 03-04-2009, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
we are low pressure mass flow orgies, we spray tea......

yes i am starting to question my pump need again, its like i have pump A.D.D.................D50 nice one more thing to obsess over..................
Treegal,

If I were spraying above 35 feet high, I would make the easy switch to the D-50 On my 8HP set-up.....But I don't need that much GPM, as I spray Ornamentals, not tall trees. The small Kawi engine on my other D-30 pump would not be able to muscle the 50.

The D-50 is same principal as the D-30......Very Reliable and proven tough in the field.

To each their own...

Pete
Old 03-04-2009, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopassonthebluegrass View Post
Hey, I'm just saving the trees, old man. At least I still take the time to head for the bathroom. I just don't know HOW you can wear those Depends all day...

Are we talking about the clear strainer filter? If so, I watch it constantly and clean it out all the time. The only time it really gets any build up at all, though, is if I let prodiamine settle out...
Yes Whoop.

The issue with that SMALL mesh is MUCH MORE strain on the suction of fluid through it. That strain is guess where on a higher GPM 3 Diaphram Pump.......Yep the Diaphrams.

Upgrade that filter for one thing.

Another thing I failed to mention is the Lesco 100 gal ALSO had this small 1/2" hose , built into their plastic manifold/ gate valve contraption that would pump the PUMP BYPASS line back to the Suction line, and that when not spraying with pump running, would feed into the Suction Manifold Line.

It caused Cavitation which ALSO would be hard on the Diaphrams too. I put a "Plug" in the Manifold and re-routed the pump BYPASS through a bulkhead assembly I added to the top of the tank, the way it should be in the first place. No more Cavitation.

I did this "Upgrade" to my Lesco 100 gal within 10 hours of operation.

Can you take a pic of your pump line routing and post??

Pete
Old 03-04-2009, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
we are low pressure mass flow orgies, we spray tea......

yes i am starting to question my pump need again, its like i have pump A.D.D.................D50 nice one more thing to obsess over..................
Treegal

I forgot you are polluter and not an applicator. May I suggest a 50 GPM trash pump to fill your needs.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopassonthebluegrass View Post
Whooped

Hey I purposely don't make the bathroom. At my age having a sweet young lady clean me up 3 times a day is a thrill. Bet you don't that action in a week.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Whooped

Hey I purposely don't make the bathroom. At my age having a sweet young lady clean me up 3 times a day is a thrill. Bet you don't that action in a week.
Ric manages to type as a 230lb male nurse changes his man-diaper.

Just kidding Ric, but I gotta say, you have a weird idea of "action".

Heritage: I have had that cavitation you are describing. Right now my rig is taken apart, I pull my pump in the winter to store it in a warm place, but once I get it re-assembled, I will take some pics and look forward to any advice you, or others may have. I am certain that cavitation is hard on my pump, and motor.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 03-04-2009, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnTamer View Post
Ric manages to type as a 230lb male nurse changes his man-diaper.

Just kidding Ric, but I gotta say, you have a weird idea of "action".

Heritage: I have had that cavitation you are describing. Right now my rig is taken apart, I pull my pump in the winter to store it in a warm place, but once I get it re-assembled, I will take some pics and look forward to any advice you, or others may have. I am certain that cavitation is hard on my pump, and motor.
You got it.

Pete
Old 03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Right now my pump/motor is in a temperature controlled closet, while the rest of the unit is out in the barn...

Lemme see what I can do...
Old 03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whoop,

Open this link and see if this is what you have: http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=667

If in fact you do have this manifold, I suggest you remove the brass fitting where the bypass hose inserts and put a plug in it, then put a bulkhead in the top of yor tank, and run the bypass from the pump to this bulkhead.

Also here is a link for the filter you should replace that stock clear one with IMO. Ask for the 16 mesh/grey screen.

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/product.asp?pg=1059

Pete
Old 03-04-2009, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Member

hay woop do you use pendulumin in your mix it will destroy your rubber diaphragm