Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

MA Truck Inspections..Im really confused now!!

Went today to the local heavy duty truck inspection station and was told that my 9000 GVW pickup truck and my 6x12 trailer do not have to have the new inspections done. (This truck pulls this trailer which is rated at 3k lbs routinely) I then went to another station and was told the same information, just do double check. Reading the law there is definitely some gray area in the law, in fact I stopped a local cop and he said he really wasn't sure. Anyone know definitively what the law is?
I just got my Medical Card, chock blocks etc...and would rather not have to go through additional costly inspections, but the information I have been getting has been mixed. I don't want to be ticketed, but one would think the people doing the inspections would know the law, as would the police....but I'm starting to think nobody really knows LOL
Old 03-05-2009, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I was just reaseaching this and have the same questions as you do. I am not sure what the deal is with this. Nice of MA to not send out any warning! I believe its any vehicle over 10k and trailer over 3k or a combination of both over 10k. Basically its Devals new way to get his hands on your cash!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They do nothing but make it harder to make a living . I think if we need the money they should start cutting state jobes they all seam to know nothing but cause alot of grief.

well with all this new crap makes me not want to buy any more equipment I was looking for another truck maybe something bigger for sanding but why bother what i will make the price to keep it complient now and every one pinching there pennies does not seam like it's work it.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

they will tell you they don't know, aren't sure but they damm sure don't hesitate to write you a ticket.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Now I'm hearing the trailer but not the trucks...lol
Old 03-06-2009, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

And the state pays these people why? we could solve all there money problem just fire every one in the state 20 do the same job and not one of them knows what it is .
Old 03-07-2009, 03:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Is it really that expensive, here in VA it's like $15 for a state inspection,
granted that's if nothing is wrong with it and it passes with flying colors...
But, if that were the case I would just go to some place that will inspect it and have it done, to be safe.

Now if it costs considerably more then that's another story.

Because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
they will tell you they don't know, aren't sure but they damm sure don't hesitate to write you a ticket.
Ain't that the truth.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Member

it's about 62.50 here in the sioux city area but it is till cheaper than a ticket if they stop you and do it on ther own i think that as far as the reg goes it seems like interpatation or what ever the man or woman with the flashing lights thinks at the time they stop you because your write you cannot get a straight answer on the subject