Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2009, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
now we start to work it.....
Treegal,
If you have time can you give some detail on the purpose of the spraying in the pics.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

well......... it was discussed just a short time ago that the needed air to water, was .08 CFM to the gallon, but enter time and water chemistry and temperature. was it wallzwalls that ask?? seems that in the hotter temps it takes more air to work out the DO2 being well dissolved in the water........... now back some ways, to my first brewer, a nice standard name brand 50 g that i bought for about 1.5X what my brewer cost.... and it was fine in march but come aug it was no O city!!! so I started working from the bottom up with my design. ( you guys are makin me hang it out there but WTF its going to get good) I had a DO2 meter from back in the day( it was junk i found out) and started working with how to get the dirt from the dirt with out the inert material, good soil background as I have come from an ag family my ideals of organics where just plain nutrients, NOT a fad that makes money or a recycling stand point. that was just plain and simple economics of a larger tree service. so back to the story, i messed with several tanks and did some reading and gleaned info from all sorts of sources, just to find the correct path to take with a brewer. the cone has stuck out from the start. next was size. with a c200 you can with some good luck spray about 25 acres a day, that IMO is about 125 gallons of tea, so if you start a batch on sat night then its ready for mon, 1/2 then tue1/2 re brew and start over, thur fri, clean, start again...... that and the size to $ of tanks. then early on i realized I hate poly tanks, sold all those or re used them. then came a idea to make a mold, big tall one with a giant stance, that mold cost me about 1500$ to make, the brewer pro lawn has is one of only two brewers that made it off that mold before it broke. so then we had the bright idea to use a core cell mold that was embedded into the fiberglass, only 3 made it out of "production" with that method, 3 sold no issues( maybe they will chime in) the 4th the one TF has was supposed to be the one pro had......but hand laid fiberglass is a dirty beast. and he was down from the garden state, so I gave him #2L instead of #4V2.0 ( pro like i said if you want a trade) so now after a few fiberglass tanks I am on another direction. so far I have yet (I think) had a brewer flop in over all performance. service, design, size, transport. thats what we are working out now, but still for the money a good deal i think.......

bottom line a mid sized not to short not to tall tank...............

Last edited by treegal1; 03-05-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF PLUS View Post
Treegal,
If you have time can you give some detail on the purpose of the spraying in the pics.
I am going to do this one goofy

need more herd!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
well......... it was discussed just a short time ago that the needed air to water, was .08 CFM to the gallon, but enter time and water chemistry and temperature. was it wallzwalls that ask?? seems that in the hotter temps it takes more air to work out the DO2 being well dissolved in the water........... now back some ways, to my first brewer, a nice standard name brand 50 g that i bought for about 1.5X what my brewer cost.... and it was fine in march but come aug it was no O city!!! so I started working from the bottom up with my design. ( you guys are makin me hang it out there but WTF its going to get good) I had a DO2 meter from back in the day( it was junk i found out) and started working with how to get the dirt from the dirt with out the inert material, good soil background as I have come from an ag family my ideals of organics where just plain nutrients, NOT a fad that makes money or a recycling stand point. that was just plain and simple economics of a larger tree service. so back to the story, i messed with several tanks and did some reading and gleaned info from all sorts of sources, just to find the correct path to take with a brewer. the cone has stuck out from the start. next was size. with a c200 you can with some good luck spray about 25 acres a day, that IMO is about 125 gallons of tea, so if you start a batch on sat night then its ready for mon, 1/2 then tue1/2 re brew and start over, thur fri, clean, start again...... that and the size to $ of tanks. then early on i realized I hate poly tanks, sold all those or re used them. then came a idea to make a mold, big tall one with a giant stance, that mold cost me about 1500$ to make, the brewer pro lawn has is one of only two brewers that made it off that mold before it broke. so then we had the bright idea to use a core cell mold that was embedded into the fiberglass, only 3 made it out of "production" with that method, 3 sold no issues( maybe they will chime in) the 4th the one TF has was supposed to be the one pro had......but hand laid fiberglass is a dirty beast. and he was down from the garden state, so I gave him #2L instead of #4V2.0 ( pro like i said if you want a trade) so now after a few fiberglass tanks I am on another direction. so far I have yet (I think) had a brewer flop in over all performance. service, design, size, transport. thats what we are working out now, but still for the money a good deal i think.......

bottom line a mid sized not to short not to tall tank...............
WE are not gods or the second coming to organics, far from it, we are good at what we do with in limits, under funded, over worked, farmers that need to eat same as everyone else. and that is the number one thing I try and attack with the elitist I need 250K to get started into organics, franchise my rosy white azz ..l..

my brewers are far from perfect, but for now they work great, the theory is there, and with the new to be completed molds, really easy to ship and there for warranting some solid 3rd party tests to substantiate my results.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I am going to do this one goofy

need more herd!!!
Flamingo Pink Micro Herd got it, thanks.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Tree, thanks for getting me up to speed on Post #34
Old 03-05-2009, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

you want to know what makes me different than others, I want to share. and the other reason I am successful is I DO it. the last reason is that i get out there and do it. maybe later or another day you can tell about how we just got out there on Monday, and did it!!! and IMO failed!!!! tell them about how we failed that's what they want to hear, toot my own horn is not going to help show the FAILURE, for lack of a better word....................
Old 03-07-2009, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
you want to know what makes me different than others, I want to share. and the other reason I am successful is I DO it. the last reason is that i get out there and do it. maybe later or another day you can tell about how we just got out there on Monday, and did it!!! and IMO failed!!!! tell them about how we failed that's what they want to hear, toot my own horn is not going to help show the FAILURE, for lack of a better word....................
What do you mean, when you say - Do it? And when you say - Failure. What is that all about?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Starting Composting

I got into active mid scale composting by accident but am having a ball now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/laj2006...77460902/show/

I am not going to purchase specialized equipment so everything I do has the caveat that it must fit with what I already have equipment wise or what I could build at not too much cost. Building stuff is also fun!

Lots of trial and error to get something to match up with what I have and the time I have to do it in.

Lloyd
Old 03-09-2009, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I was hoping that you would find your way over Lloyd, I dig your ideas.....

Axe I will have the Fail-E chime in when he gets a chance, and tell why it was a failing grade IMO
Quote:
What do you mean, when you say - Do it? And when you say - Failure. What is that all about?