Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
Make sure that price includes the dump body, some dealers will give you the price just for the cab chassis and tack on the price of the body on top of the advertised price.
It included the entire truck with the dump.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You are correct in saying Duramax/Allison is the s@*%. For that price I would jump on

it. Plowing with the diesel is practically effortless (barely any throttle needed). Also

pulling uphills is nothing for that engine/tranny combination.

2008 Haulmark 7'X16' Enclosed Trailer
2008 eXmark 60" Diesel
2008 eXmark 48" Turf Tracer
2006 eXmark 48" Turf Tracer
2008 eXmark 21" Metros
Lesco 200 Gallon Tank Sprayer
Lesco 80# Stainless Broadcast Spreaders
RedMax Backpack Blowers
Redmax String Trimmers
Tanaka Hedge Trimmers

Old 03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would jump on that. That is an awesome deal and I do believe it. I know a guy that just bought a 08 2500hd SLE II with a lot of options (back-up senors, power everything, heated mirrors, etc) duramax, and allison with a fisher plow all for 23,000. I bought an 07 3500 dump truck last may for 24,000. I believe it. It is just a matter of talking the deal and finding it as well. GO FOR IT!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for all the replies. I'm putting a lot of thought into it. I know that dealers are hurting and want to sell vehicles. I have first hand experience at wheeling and dealing with them-if they want to sell it, they'll deal with you. I did want them to sweat a little, however.Overall, I'd like to get some more comments about the 3500, in general.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The 3500 is a nice truck. I have two, an 06 and an 07. My 07 is the same as the 09 (new body style) except mine is a GMC. Its a nice size, fits into residential areas nicely, handles a serious amount of weight, and for what it is, is alright on fuel. I have no complaints about mine, I love it. Great truck. Now you will get guys come on here and tell you all about how its not enough truck and you need an F-550 or a cab over or a topkick 5500 or something because you reach the 12,500 gvwr on the 3500 to fast. But that is comparing apples to oranges. It is what it is. Its not ment to haul 20 yards of material. Its designed to be a good all around "light duty" work truck. And are you going to buy a F-550 or top kick for 23,000??? No your not.

I'm not sure what your uses are for it, but with my GMC 3500 dump truck I can easily haul 8 yards of mulch, 3-4 yards of gravel pack or stone dust, 4 yards of salt, 3 pallets of sod is the most I've ever had to carry and it didn't have any problem with that. Its just a good all around truck. And the duramax is just awesome!!

Good luck and I hope to see some pictures at some point!!

Any specific questions, just ask or send me a pm
Old 03-04-2009, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrimacmill View Post
The 3500 is a nice truck. I have two, an 06 and an 07. My 07 is the same as the 09 (new body style) except mine is a GMC. Its a nice size, fits into residential areas nicely, handles a serious amount of weight, and for what it is, is alright on fuel. I have no complaints about mine, I love it. Great truck. Now you will get guys come on here and tell you all about how its not enough truck and you need an F-550 or a cab over or a topkick 5500 or something because you reach the 12,500 gvwr on the 3500 to fast. But that is comparing apples to oranges. It is what it is. Its not ment to haul 20 yards of material. Its designed to be a good all around "light duty" work truck. And are you going to buy a F-550 or top kick for 23,000??? No your not.

I'm not sure what your uses are for it, but with my GMC 3500 dump truck I can easily haul 8 yards of mulch, 3-4 yards of gravel pack or stone dust, 4 yards of salt, 3 pallets of sod is the most I've ever had to carry and it didn't have any problem with that. Its just a good all around truck. And the duramax is just awesome!!

Good luck and I hope to see some pictures at some point!!

Any specific questions, just ask or send me a pm
Thanks for the comments!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

For that price I would go for it. It can't haul alot but it is still very useful. I have a Ford 350 and would switch to a Chevy/GM without any hesitation. Do they have another?
Old 03-04-2009, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
For that price I would go for it. It can't haul alot but it is still very useful. I have a Ford 350 and would switch to a Chevy/GM without any hesitation. Do they have another?
I just noticed today that they have another flatbed out there now. I'm not sure if it's a dump. I'm not definite that I will buy the dump I drove. If you're interested, you should look at it(Maxie Price in Loganville, Ga.). I'd like to see someone get it at that price, even if I don't.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
I just noticed today that they have another flatbed out there now. I'm not sure if it's a dump. I'm not definite that I will buy the dump I drove. If you're interested, you should look at it(Maxie Price in Loganville, Ga.). I'd like to see someone get it at that price, even if I don't.
I'll check it out. I have seen some low prices on Chevy/GM trucks but they didn't have beds and I can't find the flyer so don't know if it was gas or diesel. I think the new body style is a thumbs up as well.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
I'll check it out. I have seen some low prices on Chevy/GM trucks but they didn't have beds and I can't find the flyer so don't know if it was gas or diesel. I think the new body style is a thumbs up as well.
They also have a couple of chassis/cabs up there with 4 doors and the Vortec engines but I'm not sure of the prices($33,000 on the sticker). The prices on the windows are much different than what they will actually quote. He gave me a come and drive it and I'll talk to my manager price(Have to be there in person). Talk to Bernard(black salesman) and tell him Paul sent you. Good luck!!!!