Register free!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

and I am done with this thread.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gretzmier View Post
Liquid nitrogen cooled LED's ? do you honestly believe anyone with an intelligence over 100 believes those will ever find thier way into landscape? please. Do some more research David. There are a few different directions being taken down this route. Prototypes exist now. We are talking about micro-tech. here, not some "back to the future" mess of tubes and such. I would suspect the scientists and engineers working on this have some rather decent IQ scores.
You can buy a high quality waterproof aluminum flashlight with a suitable heatsink at around 160 lumens that will burn through batteries all day long for about 30 bucks. blow that design up with proper heatsinks, to a 60 degree flood at the same price, you'll find your mass install market James.
What? Only 160 lumens? and no doubt cooler blue than a glacier's ice cap too! The Luxxo MR16 is putting out 216 Lumens at 3.6W at 3100K and costs just a bit more than $30. (just over 70 Lm / W) The new CRS LED MR16 makes 300 Lumens at 2800K but does have a 'new release' price tag (for now) and still operates at acceptable heat levels even when installed in a fixture. If you can handle 'cool white' (approx 4000k) then the CRS unit will produce over 400 Lumens... equivalent in output to an 35W Halogen FMW. and sitll operate within heat spec.

Peace.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA

Last edited by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting; 03-10-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteTymeIlluminations View Post
I really try to stay out of the ego battle that occurs here but here's a 100% LED install I am working on right now.

Pool lights, step lights, spot and floods, all LED.

Lazy river, surfing wave pool ( really cool) and water spouts for kids everywhere!

For these pictures I am standing in a night club that is 95% LED.
Your photos are under produced. sometimes photos can make a good construction site look bad and a bad construction site look good. Go figure.

Yeah you are right the caribbean is known for being on the cutting edge of landscape lighting so why should we not listen to you.

I went last year and the high end resort that I stayed at really had some of the best lighting products installed that I've seen to date. see ya in saint louie keep knockin' em dead over there and maybe someday you'll make it back to the big leagues (continental US) .
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2009, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Member

double post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

why would I hire a photographer?
Mike, I just don't like the way you talk to people on here and I think you constantly sound condescending. He sent a photo back and it wasn't good enough for you. Don't use LEDs! If you don't have an interest in using LEDs stay out of the LED thread and go to another thread. You don't have to constantly ruin a perfectly good thread by dominating it. I sorta liked last year when you weren't on this site; the year before you dominated every thread and ruins a perfectly good forum.
Did I ever say the Caribbean was dominating the landscape lighting world or that the bahamas was better? No, but there is a lot of work to be done down there obviously by looking at your photos...take a chillaxative. You don't have to beat a thread until you finally felt like you 'won' because nobody will respond anymore.
Are you like this, or come across, like this in person?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTEGRA Works Lighting View Post
What? Only 160 lumens? and no doubt cooler blue than a glacier's ice cap too! The Luxxo MR16 is putting out 216 Lumens at 3.6W at 3100K and costs just a bit more than $30. (just over 70 Lm / W) The new CRS LED MR16 makes 300 Lumens at 2800K but does have a 'new release' price tag (for now) and still operates at acceptable heat levels even when installed in a fixture. If you can handle 'cool white' (approx 4000k) then the CRS unit will produce over 400 Lumens... equivalent in output to an 35W Halogen FMW. and sitll operate within heat spec.

Peace.
What about the "CRI" on the LEDs? Even though the color might look good is the Color Rendering Index good on the LEDs. I have been temped to try James' Luxxo's for some down lighting on a patio but I am concerned the color on peoples faces, clothes and etc might be kind of funky.

I am thinking you can get by without a strong CRI for wall washing and etc. but in a space where people will be I am thinking a weak CRI might not be very good. What do you guys think???
Member AOLP (CLVLT) #0852
www.nightlightingfx.com
Old 03-11-2009, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The standard Luxxo carries a CRI rating of "70+". There is also a high CRI Lamp (90) available but by special order as I don't think there is any inventory here now.

I know from experience the colour rendition of these lamps is quite good. I have used these lamps in all sorts of applications, including moonlighting patios and there is nothing "funky" at all about the colour rendition. Things look just as they should.

Regards

www.integralighting.com

Old 03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

James, you have a Par16 or 20?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The best PAR20 & PAR16 120V LED Lamps I have tested are 7W units with really nice optics and intensity but not quite what I would call warm white colour. 3700K to 4000K is how I would classify them. Pretty good for general illumination in commercial applications but not quite warm enough for residential interior use. They are decent replacements for 35-40 Watt halogen PARs.

As they are not 'perfect' to my eye, I have not pursued listing them as available through my distribution channels. If you want more info, I can forward you a spec sheet, just email me.

Regards.

www.integralighting.com

Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

im testing some megaman soon whom we get alot of dimmable CFLs from. I'll email you my address for some literature.