Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

arent you afraid some one is going to steal all that equipment being a 1 man crew. i would just bring enough equipment for my self, why do you need all those weed wackers, blowers,chain saws, and bush trimmers being a 1 man crew.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Member

i only have enough equipment for me and my twin, and maybe a extra worker here and there. you could send some of your equipment my way. lol. bring only what you need. here left is bad. near chicago il, only the south suburbs.

Last edited by meyere60; 03-11-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyere60 View Post
i only have enough equipment for me and my twin, and maybe a extra worker here and there. you could send some of your equipment my way. lol. bring only what you need. here left is bad. near chicago il, only the south suburbs.
I see what your saying. It just got to be so much of a hassle loading unloading loading unloading everything all the time. I keep everything locked up. I know that locks are just to keep the honest people honest. But I have not had any problems knock on wood. One of the reasons I bring all that stuff is I have had lots of times had to do extra work, a few limbs needed to be taken down hedges needed done, so forth, and I have at times did not have the equipment with me, so 10 to 15 miles back to the barn became unecessary. It got to be a pain. So, everything is with me at all times locked up and ready to be used.

I park where I can always see the truck and trailer. If I am in the back yard, ever few minutes or so I will peak over the fence. I have gotten down that the neighborhoods except one are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

i would only bring what you need for a 1 man crew. you have enough equipment on your trailer for a 3 man crew or more.there are a lot of thief's who would love to see a 1 man crew with all that equipment while your in a back yard cutting or what not. here near Chicago il, people would have a field day with all that equipment. you almost have to have a 2 man crew here in Chicago il. i live in the south suburbs so its not as bad, but i have had stuff stolen while out cutting. you could send some of your extra equipment my way.lol.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Member

i don't know why that popped up twice. i meant to delete it then rewrite it. sorry. but ya that makes sense i would leave some of the weed whackers though you only need 1 weed whacker, 1 bush trimmer, etc. good to talk to you. nice equipment.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, technically I am a 3 man crew: God, my guardian angel, and me. So.... LOL

I might have to do that.

The only thing I have extra is that top trimmer.

I use both ztrs on diff yards, and also the push mower on the small ones.

Tree trimming stuff I can probably leave off

Quote:
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Member

got ya .my grand parents, and family live in boerne Texas/ Kendall county, with over 1000 acres connected.. my dad wants to move down there, but i snowplow so that would suck for the winter. plus i would have to start all over with the landscaping buiss. hows landscaping down there. i heard there having a bad drought in Texas. it might suck for you this year. i hope not good luck, and good talking to you.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyere60 View Post
got ya .my grand parents, and family live in boerne Texas/ Kendall county, with over 1000 acres connected.. my dad wants to move down there, but i snowplow so that would suck for the winter. plus i would have to start all over with the landscaping buiss. hows landscaping down there. i heard there having a bad drought in Texas. it might suck for you this year. i hope not good luck, and good talking to you.
That is what I'm hearing from the farmer's almanac. Awww, this is going to suck big times. We have had a good rain today, almost 2 1/2 inches so far, it is supposed to rain the rest of the week. And I had jobs planned that will have to wait a few days . Up until today, we only had half an inch of rain so far this year . hard to believe.

Ya snow in Texas? I have never heard of such a thing as snow, what is it? LOL, we didn't get anything like that this year.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I carry a loaded pistol with me at all times. Even the guys that work with me have their permits and they carry while we work. We keep them concealed and no one knows the difference. Of course, I keep mine where you can at least see the outline

Of course if you can't legally carry yet, then you can always get a license to have an assualt rifle.

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...of course that doesnt mean much.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPsDuramax View Post
I carry a loaded pistol with me at all times. Even the guys that work with me have their permits and they carry while we work. We keep them concealed and no one knows the difference. Of course, I keep mine where you can at least see the outline

Of course if you can't legally carry yet, then you can always get a license to have an assualt rifle.

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...of course that doesnt mean much.
LOL. to tell the truth, I have never fired a gun let alone held one so..... I have my tire iron.

Now Im going to get ragged on....

Quote: