Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2009, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualitylandscaping View Post
We have 2- 16hp Lesco Leaf Loaders

No problem getting parts directly from JDL/Lesco. Takes alittle bit longer to get parts, than it did in the past though.

In response to another post, I do not believe Cub Cadet makes them. In fact, I'm pretty sure Cub Cadet doesn't make their own anything...
Then explain to me why all the old Lesco equipment looked just like the Cub equipment, and now Cub has begun offering all things commercial.... John Deere is a competitor of Cub, thats why they gave them the boot after they bought Lesco. Cub had to go to other dealers to start selling their stuff. Skid sprayers that used to be green... are now yellow. Push spreaders that used to be green... are now... you guessed it, YELLOW. I believe they do make their own equipment and used to sell it Lesco for them to brand as their own.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afg View Post
Then explain to me why all the old Lesco equipment looked just like the Cub equipment, and now Cub has begun offering all things commercial.... John Deere is a competitor of Cub, thats why they gave them the boot after they bought Lesco. Cub had to go to other dealers to start selling their stuff. Skid sprayers that used to be green... are now yellow. Push spreaders that used to be green... are now... you guessed it, YELLOW. I believe they do make their own equipment and used to sell it Lesco for them to brand as their own.
As the other man said, a company called SALSCO from Connecticut makes the LESCO product. Maybe Cub stuff and older Lesco stuff was manufactured by some other company, but the newer Lesco is by Salsco. I own a newer Lesco and have ordered parts from Salsco for it. In answer to the OP's request, the Lesco leaf loader is a beast with the 16 horse Vanguard engine. I would recommend it highly...