Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2009, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGLIGHTING View Post
And some have other quirks like they won't recommend or use products unless the manufacturer is in the same trade association that they are in.

We still are in the US where we have the right to an opinion and free speech. So what's your point?

First of all I use several products from manufactureres who are not members of the AOLP but I do look to members first.

My point is that some people tend to talk of of both sides of their mouths, not that they don't have the right to.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Member

huh? Are you saying that Unique has spoken badly about Kichler too behind their backs?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Kichler LED

Joey

Next time you are in Cleveland please stop by the Kichler facility with your best 50 watt MR16 lamp and fixture. I will glady put one of our 12.4 watt LED accent lights up against your MR16.

We will get some independent viewers to see if they can tell a difference. If they pick your 50 watt MR 16 over our 12.4 watt LED fixture I'll buy you the biggest steak you ever had.

I'm sure your 50 watt MR16 fixture is an excellent fixture. I just think you are underestimating Kichler's LED.

And as far as our slamming your 24 volt system, as you say, "our mass produced letter slandering our 24 volt system", that is a bit misleading.

Your company makes very good product and markets it quite well. We did what any competitor would do. We sent a letter to our reps comparing our systme to yours. Obviously we think we have a better mouse trap. That is not slander.

Sincerely

Jack Miller
Old 03-11-2009, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's good to see you here Jack.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 03-11-2009, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hello Jack. Perhaps an introduction is in order?

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 03-11-2009, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello James,

My name is Jack Miller and I work for Kichler Lighting. Right now it is past my bed time and I will be out of the country for the next two weeks. Perhaps we can talk when I return.

Regards,

Jack
Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTEGRA Works Lighting View Post
And how about how that metal set screw manages to gouge the nylon ball'n'socket do-dad that is supposed to pass for a decent mount? How is that fixture supposed to maintain its aim when installed in the real world? The stake/ball mount assembly is competely lame.

Then there is the glare, my g-d the glare! That little accessory shroud barely makes a dent in cutting the angle between source and viewer.

Then there are those silly remotely driven 'deck lights'. Is there a more ugly fixture on earth? Do they really expect that people will want that mess of black fixture and wire hanging from beneath the rail of a deck? Not on my home, and not on any home of any of my clients.

Those K-ler LED fixtures need a full re-work in my opinion. The designer/engineers on that project have put function over form. The light output is good but the form, fit & finish of those fixtures is atrocious.

Just my .02 - don't be too harsh on me.

I have to agree with my Nightscaping brother from a different mother (To borrow a lame phrase used by a lame member here). James Solecki arguably one of the finest (if not the finest lighting designer) that canada has ever seen. Forget about Frank Dimarco, Sandy Illiopulus and the Hordek brothers

These fixture designs set the industry back 50 years and people knocked Locklin's (May he rest in peace) juice cans. Those juice cans aren't looking so bad right now. At least they had some semblance of shielding.

What good is a lamp that lasts for 400 years when the fixture has broken or rusted after 3 months. And that is what's going to be compared to Uniques brass and Copper. Hey I'm dumb but I ain't stupid.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Always a pleasure talking to you Mike.

Regards,

Jack
Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller@kichler.com View Post
Always a pleasure talking to you Mike.

Regards,

Jack
You as well Jack.

Sleep tight.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTEGRA Works Lighting View Post
How is that fixture supposed to maintain its aim when installed in the real world? The stake/ball mount assembly is competely lame.

Then there are those silly remotely driven 'deck lights'.
Well, once the aim is adjusted and the screw tightened, it is actually difficult to get it back out of its position, so the adjustment stays well....

The assembly is lame though...

And the deck lights are actually very nice. Installed them for one of my best clients and they love them...they are not remotely driven, btw... just regular wires...and at 1.9w, you can use small gauge wire that hides more easily in a deck application.

Just wanted to point those items out