Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2009, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Ditch Witch Zahn info

Hey, Just wandering if anybody has experience with one of these? I'm considering the 300 4WD. I've searched the forums and have found very little info. on them. I know they've only been out for a couple of years. How do they perform on hills & muddy/wet areas? Am not really interested in the trenching attachment because I do not do irrigation. What I am more interested in are the buckets, augers, and tiller. Does anyone have price info., too? I was quoted $16,700 for the 300 4WD w/the high lift tool carrier. Thanks for any info.!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

hills you won't have an issue, they do fine, mud I'm guessing like most articulated tractors it won't agree with. i demoed/rented one and found it to be a great machine that I hope to buy one day to compliment my tracked minis, but it won't do everything they'll do but it won't make a mess like they do too. if your working on finished properties it's the way to go, new construction the sk650 or similar might be more your speed.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I seocnd the SK650. Definitly a greta machine for construction if you dont have a whole lot of grass to worry about tearing up. It gets in tight areas and has the balls to excavate for a patio, trench like crazy and load some good size pallets. It has a large diesel engine unlike most of th eminis so it doesnt bog down as much when fully loaded. Never tried the Zahn though I hera it is really good and a favorite of rental yards...
Old 03-15-2009, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for the info, I'm suppose to demo one this week I will post the results then.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

swp, i to am considering the zahn but my local dealers price is effeing crazy high at 21k for the 300 and the highlift. your sure that price of 16k included the highlift arms? did it have a bucket on that price to? did they fax or mail you a copy?

im gona call my dealer one last time and if they dont wana offer up a better price then im going to bet a wheel boxer unit the same day. they only cost around 13k
Old 03-15-2009, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Picasso, that included the high lift but no bucket, and all I have is verbal price nothing in writing. Just curious whats your plans for the Zahn.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

im going to put turf tires on it and use it alot for doing mulch. im going to have a custom bucket made for it also. they dont tear up the turf bad with the current ag type tires but the turf tires will make the foot print even softer. i think i may also put dual wheels on it to lower the ground pressure.

mulching will me its number one use but really it will get used for anything to cut out manual labor.

im just not sure about that price they gave you, my dealer had a price of 17k just for the machine and the rest was the high lift. i hope your price is right though, get it in writing soon please!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

hey swp any luck on the confirmation of the zahn price?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Picasso, I did confirm that price on monday, and nothing changed. I hope you got some better news on yours.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

well if you have them mail you a copy of that qoute fax a copy my way eh? then i can say match this price or im going else where to buy it.

did that price of 16,700 include tax? what kinda price did they have on a bucket and forks?

my dealer - 450 bucket 650 forks