Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-15-2002, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Weed Killers For Ornamentals

I HAVE A COMMERCIAL PROPERTY IN HOUSTON, TX THAT I MAINTAIN EVERY OTHER WEEK. THIS PROPERTY HAS ALOT OF ASIAN JASMIN AND I AM LOOKING FOR A WEED KILLER THAT WILL NOT IN ANY WAY HARM THE JASMINE BUT GET RID OF ALL THE WEEDS. I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO LOOK INTO TRI-MEC AND ORNAMEC. HAS ANYONE EVER USED THESE PRODUCTS AND IF SO HOW DID IT WORK? OR IS THERE ANOTHER PRODUCT THAT WOULD WORK BETTER? WHERE WOULD YOU GET IT?

thanks
Old 03-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Please follow posting guidelines. Posting in all CAPS is not proper netiquette. Its YELLING and you will be hard pressed to get responses. Seeing that your a new member im sure you did not realize this.

Welcome to LawnSite.com
Old 03-15-2002, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

TXLATINA

Weclome to lawnsite. Roundup mixed 1% A.I. will not harm jasmine or many other woody ornamentals. Roundup mixed 20% A.I. will kill an oak tree. Roundup mixed .25% A.I. will act as a growth regulator on most grass and as a select borad leave control. This Rate is very effective on sandspurs.

If you are a certified and licensed pesticide operator then you should know how to calculate A.I. If you are not, then you should not be breaking the law by applying any chemicals.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Fusilade, ornamec, and over the top by fertilome are all great products and have very extensive labels for several zones. The price is pretty different for each one but all three work well.
If you are looking for preemergence control then I would suggest ronstar by chipco or good old treflan under some lable or another. It depends on when and what you are treating.
Hope that gives you a start.