Register free!

Old 06-18-2009, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use a carry all peice that I bought at tractor supply for 180.00 that mounts on a 3 pt. I mounted a nail drag and a can attach a mat drag for doing both that same time. Works pretty well for well under 1000.00.
I can post some pics if you want?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlouki01 View Post
I use a carry all peice that I bought at tractor supply for 180.00 that mounts on a 3 pt. I mounted a nail drag and a can attach a mat drag for doing both that same time. Works pretty well for well under 1000.00.
I can post some pics if you want?
I would like to see that. Anything that can be picked up entirely to move from field to field - or off field - is a step above something that can only be dragged. Fitting things to tractors that many facilities already have is a good use of funds and existing equipment.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Guys, can any of you give me some sort of idea what price these Kromer AFG's are please? I'm based in the uk and i'm looking for something to help me with post match repairs on our schools Rugby pitches. We have something similar over here called a Sisis Quadraplay, but i'm looking at alternatives as the ever diminishing build quality and service back up with Sisis is becoming very tiresome.

Cheers.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

While we are involved in providing pictures and prices of equipment (Kromer) we use to groom our fields, can someone speak to the direction of an infield drag?

My organization just got a donated lawn tractor minus the cutting bed and have a mat we use to drag the field with pulled behind. This shows a fine job of making the field look pretty, but unsure of the direction of travel, that provides the best leveling affect and best drainage direction.

Softballjunkie in NC
Old 07-05-2010, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softballjunkie View Post
...can someone speak to the direction of an infield drag?

...unsure of the direction of travel, that provides the best leveling affect and best drainage direction.

Softballjunkie in NC
Try not to begin and end in the same place every time. Often, if the mat is stored outside the fence at 3rd base the mat get dropped there and ends there - leaving a soft pile that needs to be knocked down with a rake.

Try running large circles or ovals to help distribute the material. Run clockwise one time, counterclockwise the next. Don't worry about getting right up to the edge of the grass. Better to miss a bunch of small spots than spill infield dirt over the edge. Mix these 2 patterns in with your lengthwise passes. In addition to dragging in different directions, which helps fill low spots, it gets your wheel marks in different places. Depending on the tractor and drag mat, you can get ruts where the tires run if you do it the same way every time.

I like to finish around the bases first by hand with a large rake followed by a push broom (clean the base off too), then try to work everything into those levels. If you can water the batters boxes and pitching area and/or tarp them - even with inexpensive tarps - they will finish out better and play firmer. Good luck.