Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2009, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Smaller Version of the Toro Grandstand?

Will The Toro Grandstand ever be available in a smaller version: 32" or 36" deck?
Old 03-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Sponsor

Grandstand 32" or 36"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed View Post
Will The Toro Grandstand ever be available in a smaller version: 32" or 36" deck?
From the time that the Toro GrandStand was first introduced to the market, we have always believed there is an opportunity to expand beyond our initial product offering. While we are not yet prepared to discuss specifics regarding future models, we have been exploring product solutions for contractors who have expressed interest in a smaller cutting deck. Stay tuned for future announcements regarding additions to the model line-up.

Thanks - The Toro Company
Old 03-21-2009, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Enjoy your secrecy. Meanwhile many who would have waited to buy a 36" or 40" grandstand might be picking up a competitor's 36" unit.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucec32 View Post
Enjoy your secrecy. Meanwhile many who would have waited to buy a 36" or 40" grandstand might be picking up a competitor's 36" unit.
I want a small unit too, but they're obviously not quite ready to give out info because it's not concrete yet. I've heard some rumors from a couple reps at trade shows about deck size and dates of release but I don't know how reliable the info was.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 03-22-2009, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would just like to see a new Toro!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Member

here's the deal

Toro is currently testing smaller grandstand's in Europe. the delay in bringing to market one of these, is the result of caution on the part of Toro. they are listening to what is being said by the professionals,dealers and sales reps and are trying to decide between a 32" or 36" for the smallest model, and 40" or 42" for the next size up. So start e-mailing your dealer,sales rep and toro and tell them what model you think they should produce and why. Needless to say this will come to fruition by this fall.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd mention my preference for a 40-42" 3 blade machine with little or no deck trim edge so we can mow Bermuda with it down here in the south. There are about 100 mowers that I could name that will mow cool season turf just fine. I say make the grandstand stand out by being able to handle undulating turf. That requires that the deck match the width of the wheels closely. Trim edge be damned, we need to be able to get a nice looking cut on Bermuda.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Sponsor

Deck size for the GrandStand

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucec32 View Post
I'd mention my preference for a 40-42" 3 blade machine with little or no deck trim edge so we can mow Bermuda with it down here in the south. There are about 100 mowers that I could name that will mow cool season turf just fine. I say make the grandstand stand out by being able to handle undulating turf. That requires that the deck match the width of the wheels closely. Trim edge be damned, we need to be able to get a nice looking cut on Bermuda.
Bruce32-

Thank you for sending us your preferred deck size and support for developing a product that excels at mowing Bermuda grass. We will definitely take your request into consideration.

The Toro Company
Old 05-22-2009, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with bruce32... I would be very interested in a 42-44" deck. Im afraid a 36" deck would have a poor cut quality like the smaller wrights. Alot of guys might dispute that, but Ive seen it myself and have several friends who own that size and complain about the cut.

My Toro Z100 with a 44" deck cuts beautifully and gets in most of my customer's back yards.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My next mower will be a 32. I'm hoping the grandstand will have one by next summer.

A bunch of websites that all forward to www.FargoSnow.com

where are the real business growth experts? I know you are here reading and keeping tabs on the industry. PM me...