Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Sponsor

GrandStand Deck Sizes

Thanks to everyone for providing their input on future GrandStand deck sizes. We appreciate your comments and look forward to sharing more information late summer or early fall.

- The Toro Company
Old 06-26-2009, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm looking to get a 32 or maybe a 34 for ducking in and out of gated backyards. If that could happen with a grandstand next season I'd buy two.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Id like to see this: A 32", 40", 48", 52" And a 60"! That would be perfect i think. My Toro Walk behind 36" has the best cut around, so the grandstand surely would be no different.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 07-28-2009, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Member

GrandStand Deck Sizes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GrandStand Deck Sizes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone for providing their input on future GrandStand deck sizes. We appreciate your comments and look forward to sharing more information late summer or early fall.

- The Toro Company

Q: I am hoping for a 32" or 36" Grandstand. With either width, would the 20-degree slope specification change at all?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Q: I am hoping for a 32" or 36" Grandstand. With either width, would the 20-degree slope specification change at all?

Toro-

Is this question being researched? I thought maybe the site wasn't being monitored, but saw replies from earlier today. Any acknowledgement in lieu of an answer would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman View Post

Toro-

Is this question being researched? I thought maybe the site wasn't being monitored, but saw replies from earlier today. Any acknowledgement in lieu of an answer would be appreciated. Thank you.
Mysteryman -

As we have communicated in response to other threads in the Toro forum, we have been evaluating opportunities to expand the GrandStand product line, including investigation of smaller deck sizes. We plan to announce additional models prior to the GIE+EXPO show in October. We have not yet completely finalized all of the detailed specifications, but when it comes to hillside performance, we are generally designing any new products to the same basic criteria. We should be in a position to answer your question more directly by the time we announce the 2010 model line-up.

The Toro Company
Old 07-30-2009, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for your reply, you have answered my question, narrower should perform same as wide units..
Old 08-02-2009, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 48" Grand Stand in April 2009. If anybody is looking for a Stripping Kit go to www.bigleaguelawns.com That's where I bought mine. Toro has no Idea when there Stripping Kit will be ready, and the Grand Stand does not Strip well without a Kit.

The Grand Stand is a nice Mower but it is not worth the Money ( $7500. plus Tax )
Toro you need to lower your price or at least put a Floating Deck on them.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Question grandstand sizes

I know the information would be posted if it were available, but I will ask anyway: When will we learn of the new Grandstand deck sizes? According to previous Toro replies it should be within the next 3-4 weeks of this writing. Is this still on track? Thank you.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman View Post
I know the information would be posted if it were available, but I will ask anyway: When will we learn of the new Grandstand deck sizes? According to previous Toro replies it should be within the next 3-4 weeks of this writing. Is this still on track? Thank you.
mysteryman -

Thanks for your interest. For the 2010 spring season we will be adding 36", 40" and 60" TURBO FORCE deck models. These units will be on display at the GIE+Expo tradeshow in Louisville at the end of October. Literature will be available in December.

-The Toro Company