Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-23-2009, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just created a page for my business on facebook. added pictures of my work and then invited all my friends to become a fan. the idea is that THEIR friends will see that they are a fan of my business and look at my page and HOPEFULLY lead to more calls. that's the THEORY anyway.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adams View Post
I am curious - how many of the members here at LawnSite use different technologies like myspace.com, facebook.com, twitter.com, etc....

Do you use any of these things for personal use? More importantly, which is what I am really wondering is, do you use these things for your business?

More and more people are so let's hear it - do you?
Twitter is HUGE now.. just a year ago the top two guys on it were Kevin Rose and Leo Laporte. They had about 40,000 followers. In fact they were the only ones talking about it, the netcast geek guys. They were big fish in a small pond but then it went viral not sure who, maybe Obama' but somebody made it a mainstream fetish. Now Aston Kutcher (whatever his name is) and Larry King or CNN are the big fish. With over a million followers.

Myself, if it wasn't for the fact that I have watched some of those Diggnation podcasts I would never have heard of it. Not interested in it at all or any of those facebook things either. My sister wants me to get a facebook account so she can play scrabble with me but then I seen how they play scrabble. It's kind of like talking to someone on this forum... it could take days before the other person takes a turn. Plus you can cheat.

Plus I don't want to get tracked down by the facebook killer ><
Old 04-23-2009, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I get on myspace for personal, that's about it. Opened up a facebook account long time ago and have not gotten onto it.

Lawnsite.com is man's best friend. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use and have been using myspace and facebook since I was a freshman in college 7 yrs ago, maybe before then, its fun, but just for personal for now.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Member

We have begun to use facebook, and have found it useful for several things. I post snow totals and weather updates around the Twin Cities area during snowfalls so that customers and subcontractors can track what what to expect from a given storm. We have also used facebook to create an online profile available to our customers and potential customers to view the quality and extent of work that we are capable of.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Even though this thread is 2 yrs old I think its pretty interesting to see the responses. I have a facebook page that I put weekly updates on that are basically tips for the current environment calls for. My page has 71 friends and thats a little more than half my customers. The customers that are friends have beautiful lawns or at least know why its starting to brown out. I dont use twitter or myspace.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just signed up for a new service where people can text my business name, theyardboy to the number 90210. they are then sent a link to my website that they can access directly from their web enabled phone as well as what is known as a mobile business card which has direct links to my website and my facebook page for my business!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I Spend a lot of time on facebook, keeping in touch with family and friends around the globe...
I also have a Business page, were I keep customers up to date on whats happening locally events weather seasonal treatments etc.
I also have a Twitter account that I use everyday when I'm busy just keeping clients up to date of what going on with the service.

Ducke's Lawn Care.
and Now
Ducke's Seasonal Decor.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I started a facebook page for the business about a month ago. Picked up 4 new landscape jobs for when the weather dries up a little around here. I just emailed my friends on my personal account and told them about the business facebook. I would like to know more ways people are using social networks on getting business so keep the ideas coming.