Register free!

Old 03-17-2009, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just out of curiosity, why would anyone buy the HPS unit? You would still have to do your liquid applications with a backpack or Skid sprayer? Why not go ahead and buy a ride on that does liquid also, and save all that time as well.

I went from a lesco push spreader with the synergy sprayer attachment, to a used PG ultra (thanks Real Green) and went from doing an average of 20 properties a day to 30. I only have 60 properties, so I don't have a large bank to average from, but trust me, it saves some time.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ditto

That's exactly what my friend said. (the one who called TURFCO today). Sorry "WildLake", but these are facts. Not trying to sell anything, just reporting what I know first-hand. I also thought the LESCO HPS was mentioned?? Spouting phrases like "Give it a rest" tells no one here anything whatsoever....(that's why I suggested you stick to Teen Chat Rooms ).

I know several friends who have tweaked their Permagreen ride-ons (we did too), and they made 'em work fine for their needs. Buddy of mine in K.C. just bought a PG carrier rack from me last week -- he tweaked his PG very nicely to meet his needs.

I agree totally with LushGreen -- if you can afford it, buy a unit that will easilly spread & spray, will last for years, with few repairs or downtime.

Original poster asked: ride-ons .... Save time? Easier? Faster? Power? That is why I brought up the T3000. Cuz this guy went up & down our steep ditches with no power loss, reduction in speed, or traction prob whatever when he demo'd our TURFCO unit while maintaining a 5 mph speed. (fast enough when one sprays herbicides responsibly).

Time savings, easier, faster, power.... I completely respect Z-Sprays as well, cuz those guys have swell units too. Sh$t -- many Z-Spray users are friends that I have personally met. Original post also referred to the LESCO HPS......hence, I thought my two-hour old report was very fresh & appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushGreenLawn View Post
Just out of curiosity, why would anyone buy the HPS unit? You would still have to do your liquid applications with a backpack or Skid sprayer? Why not go ahead and buy a ride on that does liquid also, and save all that time as well.

I went from a lesco push spreader with the synergy sprayer attachment, to a used PG ultra (thanks Real Green) and went from doing an average of 20 properties a day to 30. I only have 60 properties, so I don't have a large bank to average from, but trust me, it saves some time.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It just seems like for a year, maybe even more, you have been relentlessly hyping this unit. Even when you couldn't give any details about it or photos of it, you still wouldn't stop going on about it. It probably is a great machine. If it wins the Nobel Prize, that won't change the fact that we are all tired of your never ending promotion of it. You kept ranting on, months ago when I stopped visiting this site and now that I'm back, your still at it, prying into every possible thread with info regarding it. I have nothing whatsoever against you and I'm not trying to be an ass, but we all absolutely know how you feel regarding the T3000. You should definitely "give it a rest".

I'm headed over to my favorite teen chat room now.
Later
Old 03-19-2009, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Now thats funny!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

no prob

I too have nothing against you. (thanks ) Just counted posts on this thread. 1 T3000 guy & 3 Z-Spray guys. Looking at today's threads: 2 regarding Z-Sprays. "0" regarding T3000. So I beg to differ.

It's easy to pick on something new that one has never tried. T3000 production units have not even been on the market for a year. Permagreens & Z-Sprays have been around several for years.

I'll "tame it down" regarding mentioning the new/innovative T3000, but this unit is new and deserves respect (quote from LM). Right now, my best guess is there are as many T3000's operating in my area as Z-Sprays (IMO). Not bad for a unit less than a year old. My 2 cents worth

864345]It just seems like for a year, maybe even more, you have been relentlessly hyping this unit. Even when you couldn't give any details about it or photos of it, you still wouldn't stop going on about it. It probably is a great machine. If it wins the Nobel Prize, that won't change the fact that we are all tired of your never ending promotion of it. You kept ranting on, months ago when I stopped visiting this site and now that I'm back, your still at it, prying into every possible thread with info regarding it. I have nothing whatsoever against you and I'm not trying to be an ass, but we all absolutely know how you feel regarding the T3000. You should definitely "give it a rest".

I'm headed over to my favorite teen chat room now.
Later[/QUOTE]
Old 03-19-2009, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

he likes to talk but has not posted any pics of his T-3000 on anything but a tray. I think all machines owners, rather it be a Z, pg, C&S etc. would love to see American lawn post some of those mountains he has been running.
I am betting Turfco wishes he hadnt been a member of their "a-Team.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassgod View Post
he likes to talk but has not posted any pics of his T-3000 on anything but a tray. I think all machines owners, rather it be a Z, pg, C&S etc. would love to see American lawn post some of those mountains he has been running.
I am betting Turfco wishes he hadnt been a member of their "a-Team.

Checked with Vegas and the odds are 100 to 1.

If you don't like my opinion...go around back for another view.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by br549oicu8 View Post
Checked with Vegas and the odds are 100 to 1.
that is darn funny there this early in the morning.!!

i have no problem with american either, we differ much on use of equipment, but i have respect for a guy that seems to be doing so well as he does. I do however agree with the over hyping of the T-3000 and you do seem to chime in where not really needed imo. but none the less, thanks larry for being a contributor to the site.