Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2002, 06:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Split or Not To Split.......Per-M

I 'am ready to start year 2 of doing applictions, because of a warm start to spring last year I did not split my Pre M application.....Pendulum was put down at the full lable rate between 3-15 and 4-15 . Some of my accounts still had a problem with crabgrass.We had alot of rain in may and june and I beleave the barrier broke because of all that rain. I'am not sure if I would have split it would have made a differance or not. Round #2 goes down between 4-15 to 5-30 which is Broadleaf Hericide. It seems that things are warming-up early again this year...Should I split or not ?
Old 03-17-2002, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

1. Apr 15 sounds late for pre emergent in your area to me.
2. Application accuracy, area measurement vs pounds could be a problem.
3. Application eveness depending on spreader condition, wind, adjustment etc could be a problem.

Any correlation between date done, time product layed on the lawn before getting rained or watered in, break outs on lawn edges along curbs, walks drives?

From a timing issue alone along with goofy early warm weather I'm putting down the max rate of .17 Dimension with fert as a single app using a small fert prill for greater product density. Dimension has some post emergent punch for very young crabgrass.
Old 03-17-2002, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks....I also will add that this is a spray app. I feel good about my numbers and accuracy but "Yes" I'am still learning. I know Dimension is a great product, but at this time I'am staying away from it because of cost.I may use the full rate and see what happens this year.Other opinons welcomed...