Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2009, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Retirement question

I've been professionally landscaping for 8 years (3 years with my own business) and was wanting to know what others are doing to save for retirement? I currently have a Roth IRA that I've been contributing to for the past 2 years but with the way the stock market is, it's looking like I may retire at age 125. My financial advisor says that now is the time to buy and I am but when your returns aren't great it's hard to keep pumping cash into your IRA. I just wanted to know what other landscapers are doing to plan for their own retirement. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

keep investing in your ira and stop watching the market. Your IRA is a long term investment don't worry about what the market is doing right now, also it is a good time to buy as everything is low.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by touhey33 View Post
keep investing in your ira and stop watching the market. Your IRA is a long term investment don't worry about what the market is doing right now, also it is a good time to buy as everything is low.
NO, NO,, NO,,, Pick up the phone, call the White house and ask Obummer, how much more money are you going to give away ?

then ask him how much should I write this check for ?

he will tell you...

Mine is up to 9,000.00 Well that was at 5:00 Pm tonight...
Old 03-18-2009, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats why I have a wife who is a teacher with a 401k. LOL Im a newer company so I havent put much thought into retirement funds on my end. but the wifey is doin good, LOL

My off site picture album HERE
Old 03-18-2009, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
exactly..............
Old 03-18-2009, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna keep contributing to my IRA but I didn't know if their was any other retirement plans that may be more secure. I like the IRA but I feel like I'm putting all my eggs into one basket.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundskeeper4 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna keep contributing to my IRA but I didn't know if their was any other retirement plans that may be more secure. I like the IRA but I feel like I'm putting all my eggs into one basket.
if you are the business owner why don't you ask your financial guy about a SEPF from Vanguard.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

BLAH to all of this advice!!! Open a self directed IRA and invest in tax lien certificates across the US! You earn a guaranteed 8%-50% return on your MONEY!! Don't let people blow your money, take cahrge of it...educate yourself on tax liens... then bank the cash, working for a financial guru company, they dont tell there customers this, but thats how ALL of them make there money, AND tax lien certificates are NOT based on the economy.... Read into it or pm me with questions...you can turn 5k into 15k within 24 months if you just educate yourself on it!! Hope this helps!
Proc