Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-19-2009, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madddog6993 View Post
I eat it all day long and it taste like dead presidents (ha). I am glad you guy's love your Z's just stop hating on anyone who prefers a different unit. By the way how much sq.ft do you do in a round?
Around 9 million...give or take a few...

If you don't like my opinion...go around back for another view.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Great pics, rabbitman.
American lawn, its time to put up or shut up. lets see your pics of your T on those 47 Degree hills you have been running. A picture is worth a thousand words. You speak of "your so-called facts, it is time to prove it. lets see your T on those hills not going up and down but across.
are you up to it?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by br549oicu8 View Post
Hey! I found an old video of our favorite friend on Z-Threads!!
Enjoy.....
and now you may understand why....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUWboHAda3M
Man That looks better than the T it has a 6' turning radius....
Old 03-19-2009, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spray master View Post
Man That looks better than the T it has a 6' turning radius....
i think that is the first proto chasis
Old 03-19-2009, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassgod View Post
i think that is the first proto chasis
Is that larry before the White hair, couldn't tell cause it was combed Jk buddy
Old 03-20-2009, 05:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i just watched the video my dad posted, that is fu nny. man that is funny. wher eis that dude's ppe???? gloves, hahaha
Old 03-21-2009, 02:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a new Z owner.. and had my 1st run in with signifigant hills today... Side to side is a piece of cake... When you are on the 30-40 degree slope, and need to TURN... That is the problem..

I'm still new at this.. but it was SLOW goin' on this steep hill.. I quickly learned that you should always turn nose UP the hill... or you will run into the nearest down hill tree / pond. Took me a while to figure this out.. my Grasshopper front mount can climb any hill... but does so backwards... If I were mowing, it would be strait up, and down the slope as to not tear the turf.. The Z works the opposite.. best side to side, and climbs ONLY forwards.

After I figured out the process, it still wasn't easy.. I had to slow to a crawl, and fight to get enough traction to turn the Z into (up) the slope. Once I was facing up the hill, it was scary, as the casters were floating, and I was basicly doing a wheely.. but it climed VERY well otherwise. We are however in drought conditions, and the customer does not have irrigation active YET... I'm worried what will happen with softer ground.

Bottom line from a guy with no bias on the matter.. The Z is great on ANY hill that can be mowed with ANY ride on mower... as long as you can end your run, and turn on 'less' hilly terrain. moist terrain is yet to be tested.

My test lawn will probably be done with a hose reel for liquid apps in the future... and I'll probably still use the Z for granular, bacause I can hit the steep part in one pass at 20-25 ft spread width.. and I'm too lazy to push a spreader on that hill
Old 03-21-2009, 05:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ray your right on the z spray working great on hills side to side.
I can assure you, that the more time you spend on this machine you will understand the way to run it. Being that your new to running this machine it will take some a little time learning the right way to run it.
Its just like mowing with a zero turn mower,example when you turn with a zero turn mower you don't just turn at the end of a run. When I mow I usaually make a three point turn to avoid turf damage. When running on hills up and down I will go up and on my way down I let the hydros help control machines speed. Side to side. I always turn up. and like a mower making a turn on a hill I will make a three point turn. At the end of a run on a hill I turn up, back down, and one more turn to give me the exact direction for the next run. Not to mention this will avoid turf damage. Watch the video of Andy run the z on the hill, perfect example of how to run on a hill. When you get comfortable on this machine there will be no place that you will be afraid to take it. Hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i second that, but it will always rack the nerves a bit. dry is worse than wet, believe me. just dont run on wet grass or soggy ground and it will be ok.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBITMAN11 View Post
The steepest hill is 45 degrees. So now we can put to rest what a z-spray is capable of. I probable wouldn't ride these hills with my permagreen!
I would do all those hills with my Permagreen. I think the Intermediate handles hills better than the Max. Thanks for the pics.