Register free!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
I have always heard people on here talk about how many million sq ft people cover...but over here we talk acres!

It is funny how we all look at it different. I just figured up how much I cover and I am a little over 10.5 million sq ft per round!

WOW...that sounds like a lot but it is only 240 acres (but on my round 2 and 4 it is even higher!!!!!

I would rather talk acres as millions of sq ft sounds like too much work to do!
That's a nice operation.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I really don't know if a PG magnum would do those, if so you would be walking behind it. And there would be no way to do them other than straight up and down. The PG wouldn't have taction, and would likely tip over if you tried to cross one of those hills sideways.

I have numerous lawns with ditches to traverse, but really few with true 'hills'. I have one that has a pretty good slope on one side 30++ degree grade, closer to 45 in the back, and the PG will BARELY hold on the side. I travel with a light load in the hopper when I do this one, and this round I had a helper with me so I had him just push it with the Lesco. Easier than me fighting it.

I still really like my permagreen though. Though if the Z-sprays were closer in price to the PG I'd go that route eventually when my PG needs replaced.

Oh, and I'm mostly mowing, but I still treat about 1.1 million sq. ft. per round. 95% are my mowing customers. Why do I need a fancy ride on spreader for this? Because it saves me time and dosn't kill me off after working all day/week mowing.