Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2009, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

**Official Amsoil Saber 2-Cycle Feedback Thread**

Here is the official thread to post feedback regarding the Amsoil Saber Professional 100:1 2-cycle oil. Please post any comments if you have received samples and/or use the stuff regularly in your equipment. I will be using this thread specifically for testimonials for guys that are "curious and on the fence". It will be much easier to send them to one thread rather than searching all the time.

All posts are appreciated and descriptive feedback is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you all for your time and effort.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just ordered a case so i will let you know soon. I bought a new trimmer from my dealer and he asked if i wanted it filled with Opti-2 2 cycle mix and i toled him im using Amsoil now and he said "that stuff is junk youre gonna have nothing but problems". I laughed at him! I was going to purchase bulk Opti-2 from him but he wouldn't cut any deals so i think hes upset that i took business away from him. I can attest to one thing-Amsoil has great customer service and they are all very helpful!!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't used the sample I received, yet. I will be mixing a new batch of 50:1 tomorrow though. Some of my handhelds have been slow to warm up. If Amsoil cures that, then I will be hooked. I will let you know tomorrow night how the day went.
I'm actually a little excited about trying out a different oil.........do I have a problem?

Lawn care in Pensacola, Florida.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Grits, you can easily mix the Saber at 80:1 and be perfectly safe with engine lubrication. The stuff is the best I've used so far. Honestly I can't really say "so far" as I'm not even considering any other mix oil. I've used it for a few years and haven't had a single issue. I won't use anything else. Heck, I had the Echo mix oil and gave it to a friend that needed mix oil.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Member

What is it about Amsoil? I have stihl 4 and 2 stroke and was using shindava oil also I have red max and planning to use same oil for it...Seems to me that oil works fine. Maybe there something I don't know about this oil? Will be thankful for a replay!
Old 03-19-2009, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainstreet1984 View Post
What is it about Amsoil? I have stihl 4 and 2 stroke and was using shindava oil also I have red max and planning to use same oil for it...Seems to me that oil works fine. Maybe there something I don't know about this oil? Will be thankful for a replay!
nothing to know, its a good oil but its way over hyped. you say this is the offical trend for amsoil?????? why not sposer lawnsite and have your own for real????
at the end of the day, oil is oil. its just like sick people that they do tests on and give placebo pills, they feel as good as the people on the real pill. sometimes i buy into it and after i snap out of it, its all going to work if meets requirment stamp on oil
on another note: (about oil) i have sport bikes and have a test (from magazine) where ran on a dyno to see if oils can halp or not add horsepower, well there were 2 oils that did 1 was called motul and other maxima. they made 1 extra horsepower out of a bikes doing like 135 horsepower to rear wheel on like 9 other oils these 2 oils pulled 1 more horsepower...
and as for 2 stroke oil i run klotz super techniplate. why u ask?? well if u ever ran it, it has the best smell
Old 03-19-2009, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, last year I was doing a cleanup for a friend and I ran out of 2 cycle. Thought I had more Redmax mix in the truck, but I was out I went to this little mom and pop shop and picked up some mix. They had a few bottles of Amsoil I only picked up one bottle as I had tons of Redmax at home. I went to the gas station, which was a no name station. Made the mix, went back to the job, and proceded to continue. I noticed a marked differece in the equipment. It was much worse. I think it was the gas. I dont care how good an oil is, sh*t gas will never work good. I wanted to try another sample, but the store sold the last two bottles. I have not been able to find that stuff anywhere. Moral of the story, buy good gas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMax Man View Post
Walker is for those who go above the standard of mowing and strive to Manicure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Tentatively speaking, kinda... I think... And maybe, thou I sure hope so, sure would be nice.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I received a free sample last year from Amsoil power, I didnt tear anything down to compare before and after....I mixed at 65 : 1......2 oz per gallon.......after using the mix my trimmers ran just as before....THe smell was better from the exhaust and I have ordered enough product to last me through the 09 season.......I found the price to be very competitive also...try it I think you will be pleased with the results

Old 03-19-2009, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What is it about Amsoil that allows you to mix leaner than 50:1? Because its a synthetic?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

am on my first quart now ,mixing it at 100 to one,so far no difference at all ,still have the same little gremlins i always had. will update when the quart is gone.
2004 exmark metro hp 36"15 kawasaki

echo srm 261 t
echo pas 230
edger,hedgetrimmer,brush cutter
echo srm 230 trimmer
echo pb 230 Ln blower
echo h c 150 hedge trimmer
echo pb 651 blower
echo pe 260 edger

an't that a kick in the head