Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

To our valued customers. Thats how mine start and Im sure they giggle at it. I am on a first name basis with all of my customers so it kinda makes it sound like Im bigger than I am. Little do most of them know they are 1 of 70 ish cutomers. Most think they are the only one. I really dont think many people even notice those kind of things. I would be surprised if half even read my letters. They just sign and send it back. I think they appreciate the self addressed stamped envelope I put in with the renewal letter more than the letter itself.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Nemow- That's super that you provide stamped envelope for your customers! Your personalized service is what will set you apart, especially in this troubled economy. If anything they may feel a little guilty if they don't send it back. I always try to hand address most of my correspondence, and if anyone who thinks they don't have time for the little things that make a big difference, you can always have someone else do things like that, ( a teenager with good penmanship would love earning some extra cash for odd jobs like that).
Old 03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretary View Post
Nemow- That's super that you provide stamped envelope for your customers! Your personalized service is what will set you apart, especially in this troubled economy. If anything they may feel a little guilty if they don't send it back. I always try to hand address most of my correspondence, and if anyone who thinks they don't have time for the little things that make a big difference, you can always have someone else do things like that, ( a teenager with good penmanship would love earning some extra cash for odd jobs like that).
I find they come back much faster self addressed and stamped. Check, check ,initial, sign and send. This way it takes them two minutes to fill it out slap it in the envelope and throw it in the mail box.
I've been thinking of doing it when billing also. May speed up the process with that as well.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You should personalize each one.

If you have Word 2007 you can type a letter than do the mail merge feature and pesonalize each letter. Word will save the names, address, phone, etc for future use.

New Horizons Land Management
1996 F-250 crew cab short bed FOR SALE
16' landscape trailer FOR SALE
14' enclosed trailer for hardscapes
6.5' x 12' 12,000 lbs dump trailer
60" Kubota ZD21 FOR SALE
60" JD 997
36" Stander for sale
Sthil Power Tools FOR SALE
Weber 7,000 lb force revs. plate tamp