Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-19-2009, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Venice, Sarasota & Bradenton Fla.

Hello

I am an experienced CPO of many years and have a Certified Pesticide Company. I am Thinking about expanding or opening up the Sarasota County market area. I must stress the THINKING ABOUT. Nothing is written in stone yet.

This all depends on finding the right person to work that area. I am located just south of Sarasota County near the interstate hwy. I have the Sarasota Fert License and Know the Problems there. I am looking for the right person who is willing to work a Virgin market knocking on doors and networking with Lawn mowing companies. This is an opportunity for the right individual to both get a CPO and build a future business. This is a reoccurring commission paid position as an employee and not a rent a license. All paper work will be done in compliance with State and Federal law. Opportunity to either Buy In of Buy Out at a later date is a strong possibility since I am of retirement age and my Children are not interested in the business.

Those interested may PM me with their name, phone number and best time to contact them. Middle age or older is a plus IMHO. I am looking for that honest hard & smart working individual who knows a great opportunity when they see it. I will only hire one person for the Sarasota area.

BTW I have market studies that show Sarasota County to be very lucrative and almost 15 times bigger than my present market area in which I make a nice living.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Today's local Newspaper reports

Sarasota County has a population increase of 0.3% and normal unemployment rate

My county just south of Sarasota 1.6% decrease in population and high unemployment. Remember Ft Myers Fla. was the first stop on Obama's tour of depressed cities with high unemployment.

The first step in designing a business model is researching the market. The research I am seeing appears to be good for the Sarasota Area. With new fertilizer laws in Sarasota county this market is wide open to those who can provide green lawns in compliance with those laws. Anyone who has followed my posts over the years should realize I can provide green lawns in compliance with those laws.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 03-20-2009, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, it took you research to figure out Sarasota is leaps and bounds ahead of the Port Charlotte area??? Just kidding. I recently noticed a new Fert company by the name of Plant It Earth out of Orlando doing some heavy advertising in the area. Good luck with your search.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del9175 View Post
Wow, it took you research to figure out Sarasota is leaps and bounds ahead of the Port Charlotte area??? Just kidding. I recently noticed a new Fert company by the name of Plant It Earth out of Orlando doing some heavy advertising in the area. Good luck with your search.
Del

So you are not interested in adding Fert & Squirt to your business?

I do business in Punta Gorda more so than Poor Charlotte. Actually I now live in Desota county and have a Arcadia address. Ye Haw you can call me a Cracker.

No I have known for years the major difference in the two areas. The History is. When upper management retired they went to Sarasota. Middle management went to Venice and Labor went to Poor Charlotte. Poor Charlotte was developed by the General Development company. (a Mafia owned legal company) Because of their network with Labor Unions to sell property, Poor Charlotte was a union town in the early days. BTW Myer Lansky is on county records as a owner of the property that is now Poor Charlotte and North Port.

A Pizza Parlor with great food now out of business was owned and operated by a relative of Pual Castellano. We have some interesting retiree here who's names, I will not mention.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the one company i see alot of lately is LAWNGEVITY, don't know how long in biz they have been but i have never seen them until oct 2008

------------
Frontier Lawn's Website
-----------

http://www.givemeliberty.org/