Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2002, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

any advice on studying?

Were located in northwest mississippi, just outside of memphis and are scheduled to take the test to obtain our spraying liscence next month. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. I know the test are different from state to state so if there is anyone who has taken it in ms. we would love to hear from you.
Thanks in advance,
Lee
Old 03-18-2002, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

When I went to take the exam I found out that our state gave a "seminar" over the material in the books. From what the others told me it was a "turn to page 16 and highlite this paragraph" type of deal.
You may want to check with your Dept. of Ag. to see if they offer any seminars.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:47 AM
Banned

When I took the test, I had to take a 30 hr course before that. We went to the course for 30 hrs, then the last day of the course, which was also the day of the test they give you 2 books to use for the category exam. You are given the core exam books at the beginning of the course, as that is a closed book exam. The category exam is an open book exam but you still have to know what you are talking about in order to pass as you just don't have enough time to flip through both of the books that they give you.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Member

I currently go to community college working on a degree in grounds & turf management. One coaurse I had to take was a pesticide coarse going over evrything in the books to take our pesticide applicators test. Real boring when you have been certified for ten years. couldn't test out. Anyway, may check with community college to see if they offer a coarse like this. This was an eight week coarse.