Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-19-2009, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Suggested reading?

As my lawn care company grows larger we get more and more requests for spraying fertilizer/weed killers. All I can offer them now is granular which nobody around here likes because it doesnt produce anywhere near the spraying results. I have been reading a "chemical guide" that came with my last edition of PRO magazine, but it is very vague and doesnt cover alot. I tried the link on the top of this forum about licensing in all 50 states, but it has been closed . Can anyone suggest some reading material that I could learn alot from? I really want to learn as much as possible about my area( northern KY)and the methods/chemicals that work best for this area. I think here in KY we take the test at EPA for spraying fertilizers/weedkillers, but I do not know for sure. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKle View Post
As my lawn care company grows larger we get more and more requests for spraying fertilizer/weed killers. All I can offer them now is granular which nobody around here likes because it doesnt produce anywhere near the spraying results. I have been reading a "chemical guide" that came with my last edition of PRO magazine, but it is very vague and doesnt cover alot. I tried the link on the top of this forum about licensing in all 50 states, but it has been closed . Can anyone suggest some reading material that I could learn alot from? I really want to learn as much as possible about my area( northern KY)and the methods/chemicals that work best for this area. I think here in KY we take the test at EPA for spraying fertilizers/weedkillers, but I do not know for sure. Thanks for the advice.

get on this page and look around and you'll find what you need to do. http://www.kyagr.com/consumer/envsvs/testing/index.htm