Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

A very good friend of mine called me this morning and told me of a competitor in my area that is offering just this. He is already the cheapest in the area and now he launches this and I can't for the life of me wonder how he is doing it. On average he is 25% to 30% cheaper than most of us already, he gives crap service and is up to his head in has payments. He also doesn't work, just rides around in his PU all day acting like Joe Hollywood supervising his mostly illegal work force. I just can't seem to grasp this concept. All I can do is laugh and throw up my arms and say, this is the year for this stuff. Heaven help us all. I can't wait for the day he goes out of business so that the rest of us can get back to making serious money.

James
Old 03-20-2009, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Likely will just be telling them that the price is "normally" 30% higher than what he's already cutting them for.

Several guys have done this in past here and it's always been a gimmic. They "raise" their prices right before they send out the flyers and offer the "discount" to "new" customers which is nothing more than the "old" price.

I don't condone it but even dept. stores do it, including wallmart.