Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-21-2009, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Member

What is a good handheld blower??

Due to likley expansion this year i will be needing to get myself a blower. Ill just be using it to blow off side walks ect,and since price is a consiteration ill take a handheld. i was looking at other blowers and this one seems like the best, i do love my echos, and im pretty sure this thing has the same engine as my SRM-265S, ie same plug ect.

if you know of any other blowers or have comments on this one please let me know.

Echo PB-251 $175

http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?...ry=POWERBLOWER
Old 03-21-2009, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at the BG66 or the BG86

Stihl 2 cycle is some great stuff. I love the 4-mix as well but their 2 cycle is bulletproof!
Old 03-21-2009, 02:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

That echo blower is great, get it. You wont be dissapointed.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I love stihl equipment but I would never get a stihl handheld blower again. I'd get a bp blower, trimmer, edger etc. etc. But I think their handheld blowers a not well made at all.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the LORD
Old 03-21-2009, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Member

I have that Echo, and I love it. It's definitely not a backpack blower, but it's a great handheld... lightweight, and won't twist in your hand.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshco84 View Post
That echo blower is great, get it. You wont be dissapointed.
I have an Echo too, great power and not too heavy..
Old 03-22-2009, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Check the Echo PB210E!

Been using them since the late 80's and not about to quit. Same displacement but more power. The two I've owned between 1989 and now have never let me down. Sturdy constuction with plenty of power in addition to reliability. On the downside they're not ideal for heavy clean-up work but for mowing? All I need. Price is high and weight is more than the unit you're considering.

>>Nevermind, seems Echo chose to delete the old beast from the line-up. Nice to see the classic Echo orange's return to the backpack line in lieu of the Craftsman grey. The excellent 21.2cc from the 210E is gone as well. Hmm, guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled to see how durable these newer generation units fare. Always had good luck with Echo, my SRM210 trimmer got tossed in with my last mower package. I wanted Stihl and refused to upgrade to a 'better' Echo. Lo and behold she's going into her 4th (solo) season (although I do see a new trimmer in the near future, SRM210 can play back-up)...

Edit: If you find a dealer sitting on the PB210E you might do better than the $300 I paid, replacement parts shouldn't be a concern at all.

Last edited by CCC52; 03-22-2009 at 02:11 AM. Reason: sp
Old 03-22-2009, 04:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've got an Echo PB-251 and it has been great. It's lightweight and even does a decent job blowing wet leaves. I know a lot of guys tout the Stihl BG 85's on here, but I had one and definitey prefer the Echo over it.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl BG-86. Good machine.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALawnboy View Post
I've got an Echo PB-251 and it has been great. It's lightweight and even does a decent job blowing wet leaves. I know a lot of guys tout the Stihl BG 85's on here, but I had one and definitey prefer the Echo over it.
I actually prefer anything echo to any of the stihl stuff i have used.

I used to be a die hard shindiawa guy, and still use there trimmers, but all of my blowers, clippers, shredder vac, chainsaw, and some other stuff is echo.

They are a great product, that is usually cheaper than comparable models in other brands. They also seem to last great.