Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-15-2010, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post

Oh yeah, 93turbo, who you callin nonoperatin?!
Lets say anybody with a 4x4 tractor with only the front 2 wheels stuck and a frontend loader and can't figure out how to get it unstuck

Just so you know theres a difference between running something and operating it
Old 01-15-2010, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93turbo View Post
Lets say anybody with a 4x4 tractor with only the front 2 wheels stuck and a frontend loader and can't figure out how to get it unstuck

Just so you know theres a difference between running something and operating it
No, trust me, I tried that whole push down and curl the bucket up thing..

it wasnt happening!

It is one poor excuse for a tractor, it couldnt even begin to push the front end up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
No, trust me, I tried that whole push down and curl the bucket up thing..

it wasnt happening!

It is one poor excuse for a tractor, it couldnt even begin to push the front end up!
Sorry Jr I'm just having a hard time with that as I have run a lot of deere utility tractors and none of them even came close to being that week
Either theres a major malfunction or......
Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93turbo View Post
Sorry Jr I'm just having a hard time with that as I have run a lot of deere utility tractors and none of them even came close to being that week
Either theres a major malfunction or......
I am just not going to win..

Seriously, I tried! Once we got the tractor moving backwards with another tractor it helped to curl the bucket out, but it wouldnt lift the front end enough to do anything..

and that deep in the mud, curling the bucket away from the tractor wasnt going to do anything..

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

just bumping it to the top so I can post some pics from my phone..

Quote:

Old 08-03-2010, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lets update this thing.

I had more pics but after some accidents with phones, I am down to these 10..

Lets start with the pool build an hour from the house, an hour and a half from the shop. The job seemed like a blessing, in the middle of a peanut field, an inch of fall from one side of the yard to the other. Not much of anything to work around..

sounds great!

WRONG! Once you got past the first 8-12in of awesome topsoil, there was nothing but rock hard red clay.

So anyways lets get this show on the road.

Heres my boy, the one good pool digger in the Central area of SC. Says hes getting out of the business, yet he just picked this new jewel up?

The next day, we started at 7, after a guy slipped off the tongue of the job trailer and got seven stitches we had this at around 2 or 3 oclock. A company record. It was ready for backfill by 7 that night.

Dad wouldnt give up the 2500HD for a day so I got the bosses F250 and picked up a pretty decent machine..

got it roughed in. (we hauled NO dirt off from this job, what I didnt use backfilling, was carried 70yards to the back of there property and spread. Oh yeah, the pool was set up 6inches to give us fall away from the pool and take up some dirt.)

DONE. My first backfill without dad, took 7.9hours machine time.

We did the bottom next.

I dont know how I didnt get a pic of it completely done, but I didnt.

It is done and concrete was poured today while I was working intown for once with the little 322 renovating a pool.

Quote:

Old 08-04-2010, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

So this showed up at the shop this morning, setting just like this. (Yes, I moved it around and tied it down)

Isnt she cute though?!

So I gotta cut out a panel in the pool, put a set of steps in its place, plumb in a new return and self cleaner line and then grade for concrete.

Just getting started

first part of the yard to the right:

the rest of it to the left:

about 3/4 of the way done: (It took forever with that little bucket!

ready to put the steps in:

I got the steps in and ready for there concrete footer to be poured tomorrow. I'll get more pics tomorrow..

Quote:

Old 08-04-2010, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks pretty good there kid. Nice grading.

So these pools have a metal ring, with a slab/footing around it, then a concrete floor. Do they have any sort of a liner in them?

J.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Peterson Grading View Post
Looks pretty good there kid. Nice grading.

So these pools have a metal ring, with a slab/footing around it, then a concrete floor. Do they have any sort of a liner in them?

J.
Thank ya sir.

And yeah they do. Its typically a 28mm vinly liner thats cut and "welded" to fit the contours of the pool. We dont actually make it, a company in New York makes the liners..

Me and another guy installed the one on the new build but for some reason I didnt get a pic.. I'll get one on this octagon pool..

Oh yeah, that concrete bottom is actually called vermiculite. Its a light form of concrete that we mix in a mixer(2 bags of portland cement to 1 bag of vermiculite) and hand trowel smooth.

Oh yeah, some pools have a concrete footer, some dont. We poured 8yards of concrete around that new build and it was just a 16x32. Some builders like to save a few hundred bucks and not pour a footer.. Like the builder of this octagon pool..

I actually had pics of a pool that was built out of wood that we rebuilt, but I broke the phone the pics were on..

3 panels had washed into the pool (a panel in that pool consisted of a 32in tall by 8ft long piece of plywood with a wall behind it framed like a house had washed into the pool with an ASSLOAD of dirt. We went in and reframed these pieces in place without removing the concrete. One panel was actually in the deep end and had a curve in it. That was a fun job!

Quote:

Last edited by Junior M; 08-04-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Inground pool installing is what I do for a living too Junior! Thats very nice work! It s cool how you pour the footing around the walls, We pour the concrete much stiffer and only put a "collar" around the bottom of the walls and "A" frames. Looks really sweet though, its cool to see someone else building a pool.